anyone have this? cannot even figure out how to google it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennibf

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
AL
City
Centreville
I know I shouldn't google it anyway but this is so BIZARRE (yes, all caps)...

I keep getting chills, but not chills...I'm not really cold, sorta tingly...sort of like chills...just strange and it's in "sections" like my torso one time and another time just one side of my body.

I don't even know if I would bring this up to the doctor because, while disconcerting, it is just so strange!

I know what you mean It happens to me too my arms torso spine and that into my head.
I am not cold but it feels like the chills

Pat

Oh, Lord ... is this connected to ALS too?

Yes, I experienced this frequently about a year ago. I would wake up in the middle of the night, with waves of goosebumps running up and down my entire body. I don't know how long it would last ... maybe 5 minutes? It only happened on nights when I didn't take Ambien or an otc sleep aid. Now, I take something almost every night for sleeping, and haven't had it happen for a while.

I figured I was probably the only human being who had ever experienced it, so have never mentioned it to the neuros. As you say, Jenn, it is just so strange!

yes me too. Only here and there and usually on my leg or my arm. I have never brought it up to my doctor, I felt it was the least of my concerns. It use to happen alot more in the spring when I was sick and now it is infrequent.

Maybe it will get better for you, I thought maybe just the anomical (sp) nervous system.

the shivers

I wonder...I have something that I have described as the "shivers". I feel it coming, it is always in my torso, shoulder, arms, and then quite literally that part of my body kind of wiggles, just like a shiver, except that I am not cold. I have had it happen in front of people and despite it being an obvious shaking of the body, no one ever mentioned it! I convinced myself it wasn't visible....until my son witnessed one and I haven't heard the end of it yet. I have decided the other people were just being kind. I don't have goosebumps with it, just the shivers.

Lydia

This is definitely not fever related and mine happens during the day. I'm going to try to mention it to the neurologist on Wednesday. I am looking forward to maybe having some answers and I'm dreading it at the same time. Thank you all for assuring me that while I may be strange, at least I'm not alone in my strangeness :)!

I get it also, in my arms and legs.

I would mention it to the nuero.

OK ladies I don't mean anything bad by this but I noticed that no men said they get this yet. I'm wondering if there is any signifigance to that.

AL

I'm open to that, Al. I am having a really bad night and my right leg is twitching and cramping like crazy and have been having more and more of these "chills". I ALWAYS want to hear other things it could be.

You mean it could be hormonal related? Possible, I suppose.

After the birth of my last child (26 years ago this month) I got the opposite feeling- I would think my arm was on fire, or have someone look at my back to see if it was red from the heat in that area. Doctor said it was hormones throwing my body all off. But this was a few years ago- maybe they just did not have many answers then.

Al,

Maybe we should all start drinking merlot to keep our bodies warm.

Me too

O.k. I have to say I get this too. In my head and arms and I am probably the age for some chemical changes, even though,I don't know about women with partial hysterectomies, going through the change? O.K. MEN any of you feel this way?

It's not hormonal in my case :)

I don't think mine is hormonal either although I wish it were. It comes along with the twitches, even around the same time....However, I will try some merlot to see if it helps ;)

jennibf, Merlot is always a viable option. :cool:

I don't have this, (watch it start now LOL) I'm still not menopausal either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back