Anyone have puffy swollen red foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather, they need to be elevated to heart level or above. I elevate mine to about neck level, sitting up. Don't think you can count laying flat while asleep as elevated because everything slows down while sleeping

AHA! Okay, thanks so much! Makes sense. Have an awesome day! Huggs from Heather xoxo

My dad had the same problem. He wears compression socks and has to keep his feet elevated a certain way. They have greatly improved.

My feet swell and get very cold. Compression socks mess with my muscles and paralyze my ability (limited) to walk. I raise them up like Dalvin said. At night they get warm and less swollen in bed. So if I get socks on them right away in the morning they do better.

Think the reason it works elevating them when seated and not when laying flat is that when your seated, gravity actually helps the blood and water build up to drain out of your feet. When your laying flat, every thing is on the same level so there's draining. Hope that makes sense

that's it exactly Dalvin :)

Veins are what returns blood to the lungs and they don't have any muscles to do any pumping (which arteries do), they just have little valves to stop the blood flowing backwards.

So laying flat does not help the veins return the blood, even if it stops the resistance of sitting with the feet down, whereas elevation is able to do that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back