Anyone had a spouse leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys rock!

im really glad i found this site. i don't want you all to think im all about me. i can only image what it is like caring for and watching a loved on battle this disease. its hard to watch him be this way when i know he is capable of love. maybe him being a paid fireman/emt makes it worse. he usually saves people and he can't save me.
i just take it day to day. i just want to be with my kids, creating great memories for them to hold on to.

God bless you all
Erin

re: Lawyers

My wife and I are members of prepaid legal. We pay $25 monthly for the service and you get a complimentary will made. Well, okay; we are paying the monthly fee for the service so I guess in the long run, the will gets covered by the fee.

Anyway, prepaid legal is a good way to go to get access to good lawyers in an inexpensive sort of way.

Zaphoon

well my husband and I have moved forward with lawyers. he is done and wants out. he will let me live in our house for 3yrs, if I want his health insurance I can pay for Cobra for 36 months, I am to give him our Explorer since he pays the mortgage, and he wants all the Longenberger baskets! are you kidding me?! him and his lawyer won't budge. my lawyer and I are floored! looks like we are off to court. how am I going to pay for this? not just financially but emotionally and physically. I can't sleep or eat. Im scared this will kill me! i don't want my last days fighting in court. I just want to be with my kids.

Erin

I am extremely sorry to hear this! You have my profound sympathy.
I hate it when spouses bail, what ever happened to - for better or worse, in sickness and health?

God will judge and reward accordingly.

erinjac - i agree with everything above but, don't sell that house you earned it . he left you, fight for it if you can and leave it to all your kids. if you want to then move but, don't let the house go. i don't know if i would trust living next door to him but, hope it is not too close to him. am so sorry you have to go Thru this along with everything else .... shame on him.... have judge make him pay the cobra he walk out when you needed him most ...i doubt a judge will see it his way .....best of luck

Your husband is being a pig! I could use other descriptive terms but I'll refrain, I'm usually pretty nice.

I would take the advice and get lawyered up. You will need it or he will probably take full advantage of you, the pig! He's heartless, too! A heartless pig!

Makes me wonder whatever happened to those vows he agreed to (in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, etc...)

I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of this. My heart goes out to you.

Zaphoon

Dear Erin,
I'm sorry for all you're going through, its extremely despicable of him to do this to you just when you need him the most. I do agree with the rest that you should fight for what you deserve. I understand that its tough having to do this when you still have to deal with your symptoms, but you should be able to get help from the local MDA chapter or the ALS guardians.

A great big bear hug to you. I find that hugs work wonders in times like this...

STU: what a terrible story, you're an angel. I'm so glad u were there for them.

Connie

And why is he not being made to pay for both lawyers? This is awful. I hope the judge is going to let him have it.

Erin;
I am in the same boat as you.
Patsy

so sorry patsy - please follow advise given above and let us know any way we can help

oh Patsy I am sorry! if you ever want or need to vent , email me [email protected]
heck anyone can email me. i am on that more than here with my kids teachers my lawyer and my ex.
hugs to you all
Erin

There are just some pure ugly people out there. I mean ugly inside to do things like this. I am so sorry you are having to go through this.

I am so sorry you have to deal with all of that on top of the ALS. I am praying that good will come to you soon.

Erin
My Ontario ALS refused to help, when my ex left, stating that it was a personal matter! How did your ALS association help?
Patsy

My wife was Dx 3.5 years ago and she now needs help with everything and she is on a vent. Never and I repeat never did I ever think of leaving and i love her more today than 3 years ago. When it's time for her to leave me then I know that I did everything in my power to support her through this terrible disease. All this to say that I deplor people who jump ship! Your husband will get what he deserves, maybe not today or tomorrow but it will happen. As hard as this may seem PLEASE try to keep strong. Think of your children and all the good times that you can still share and have with them. Damn your husband and everything about him!
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back