06/2015
Country
UK
State
LO
City
London
Dear all,

Just a quick hi to ask if anyone's planning on coming along to the ALS/MND International Symposium in Toronto next week. I'll be there with an information stand, please do drop by and say hello if you're about.

I'll be taking notes and creating a narrated powerpoint presentation on the clinical research highlights from this year's conference which should be available in January.

All the best

Paul Wicks, PhD
Research Scientist

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Paul,

I was in Toronto last week but unfortunately am back at work in Newfoundland now so I won't be able to make it. After talking to you a bit over the past couple of years on Build I would have enjoyed meeting you. Your summaries of the symposium talks will be welcome as will anything you pick up from your colleagues on the new lithium therapy being evaluated in Italy. I imagine lithium will be part of the buzz at the meeting even though it's not being presented there.

Hi,

I would love to....but not for $ 900 Canadian! I can't afford that as a PALS.

All events I've attended so far are either discounted or free for PALs....apparently not this one

Program looks very interesting.

Karin

There is a free Ask the Experts seminar from 2 untill 5pm on Nov.29. The ALS Society of Canada is hosting the event at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto. Details are at www.alsont.ca or www.als.ca .
AL.

Do you have bulbar ALS. My boyfriend who lives in Toronto has bulbar ALS and has been interested in making connections with others who are struggling with similar issues?

Hi Interested and welcome to the forum. You would be better posting your question in a separate thread rather than under the "Toronto Symposium" thread. Go to the forum's home page, click on "New Thread" at the top of the page and make your posting there with a suitable title. Also we have a search button near the top right of the home page you can use to search past postings for information on bulbar ALS.

Dear all,

Just a quick hi to ask if anyone's planning on coming along to the ALS/MND International Symposium in Toronto next week. I'll be there with an information stand, please do drop by and say hello if you're about.

I'll be taking notes and creating a narrated powerpoint presentation on the clinical research highlights from this year's conference which should be available in January.

All the best

Paul Wicks, PhD
Research Scientist
When is the Toronto symposium? My boyfriend lives in Toronto and has recently been diagnosed. He has been reluctant to share his diagnosis with others or to deal with it. He has been disappointed that meetings he has attended at the ALS society in Toronto have not had other Bulbar patients. He is only 50 and was recently diagnosed. Obviously, this is difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Interested and welcome to the forum. You would be better posting your question in a separate thread rather than under the "Toronto Symposium" thread. Go to the forum's home page, click on "New Thread" at the top of the page and make your posting there with a suitable title. Also we have a search button near the top right of the home page you can use to search past postings for information on bulbar ALS.
I am sorry I just posted a new message and did not realize my old message had been posted! Or that you had responded! You are quick. Thanks.

Just received a call from my OT about Symposium. It is free for ALS patients. Motor Neuron Disease Ass'n website has agenda. I think you can get it through www.alsont.ca as well.
AL.

Al...

Just saw your picture on that website. Love it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back