Anybody else hear this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you haven't learned by now smoking causes everything...1 doctor was honest with me as i am a smoker trying hard to quit and not making it he told me 20 yrs ago ...i want you to quit smoking not because of cancer only 20 % of smokers get cancer but what you will get is emphysema...and that no smoker will get away from..he is the only doctor that was that honest.other side effects of smoking ..sinuses ,headaches,upper respiratory infections and the need to be a slave to a cigarette but i will not believe it causes als

Gee, does this mean we get to sue the tobacco companies for a kagillion, zillion dollars, too? This could make for some interesting PSAs ... "Quit smoking or you'll get ALS and twitch to death!"

Kinda hard to hold a smoke in lips that wont close! I cant use a straw so I think that Bulbar ALS would be a very effective stopping smoking method. A little extreme but what the hell, at least you would quit one way or another.

My husband NEVER smoked, did drugs, barely drinks etc... Did the whole tried a cigarette thing - but never habit. I am sure of this because we have known each other since the 8th grade.

However, his mom smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish - not sure if that effected him.

Gee, does this mean we get to sue the tobacco companies for a kagillion, zillion dollars, too? This could make for some interesting PSAs ... "Quit smoking or you'll get ALS and twitch to death!"

I think so - every one else blames someone - can we post the blame on tobacco - maybe McDonalds burgers too, lets see - Saccharin, abestos.... etc, etc, etc

How do you roll a McDonalds burger in those little papers ? Must be a ***** to keep lit !

Saccharin - you might have better luck just snorting it with one of those straws you hijacked from McDonalds.

Asbestos - ok that's just not right. Once you have those hazmat suits on , you cant do anything with those gloves on .

OMG! My trust in the ALS Association has taken a down hill slide. Seriously, just read how that doesn't say anything at all! Who in the world FUNDED this ridiculous research and how much time and money did it channel away from something that may have lead us to something that would cure PALS. Oh, don't we wish that it was as simple as nicotene.. OMG! I am postal just thinking about this total and complete waste of precious time and money! :evil::evil::twisted: and a big :p to that study!"

Prior to this report, no external factors have been implicated with this level of confidence as contributing to the occurrence of sporadic ALS."

SHAME SHAME SHAME! How long has this been a RECOGNIZED disease [100+ years]and then add in all the other neuro muscular diseases and read that statement again! :-x

Let's look at something that we all have in common;
We are all human! [well..that is up for debate about me at the moment]
We ALL breathe the air!
We all drink water!
We all eat food!
We are all surrounded by and ingest tons of man made chemicals!
Most everyone has had tons of immunizations.
Most of us have had periods of incredible stress.
Not everyone has smoked a Fing cigarette!

I wish that I had a fraction of the money that they paid this man so that I could take care of my Husband, the nonsmoker that has ALS! :-(

What do we have to do to get the medical community and the Government to do REAL RESEARCH? This is just blowing smoke up our a----!
The Monkey's each have a carton of smokes and they are flying to visit this ?Doctor!

I am also having my monkey friends hand deliver Fruit Bats from Guam to Baystate Medical Center neurologist Dr. Carmel Armon and the American Academy of Neurology! They can dine on the bats and then have a SMOKE afterwards!

I never smoked, my mother never smoked and my friend Christine never smoked either, all of us have/had ALS.

Hi Indigosd

Boy you must be using up all your monkeys by now :lol:

I have just dispached a container of really big aggresive ones from Aus. (disguised as kangaroos)
These can either be mixed with yours or can go it alone :)

On a serious note, i have never smoked and agree whole heartily with your comments.

Cheers
Peter

Hey! Maybe we could send the crazy counselor I saw last week along with the monkeys! I have smoked a total of about three cigarettes in my lifetime and I got a beating from my mama when I did that! HEY, maybe we could send my Mama over there to take care of these yahoos!

What a crock!
deborah

Kinda hard to hold a smoke in lips that wont close! I cant use a straw so I think that Bulbar ALS would be a very effective stopping smoking method. A little extreme but what the hell, at least you would quit one way or another.

omg yes it would be a little extreme lol but , you forgot to mention my cigarette would get all wet also and it would be kinda hard to keep it lit..but, knowing myself i would bribe someone or hire someone to hold it for me and use my last ounce of strength to suck it in , and then have the nerve to ask for an inhaler

You could always stick in your nose and snort the smoke, or maybe even two at once! That would solve the wetness problem too unless you had a runny nose.

You could always stick in your nose and snort the smoke, or maybe even two at once! That would solve the wetness problem too unless you had a runny nose.

lmao rotf you are killing me lol

My mom smoked her whole life. She smoke after diagnosis until she physically couldn't. Actually she smoked even when she physically couldn't anymore. She would make me light them, then with her one working hand, try to press her lips together using her fingers. I wondered many times if her smoking led to her rapid decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back