Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Coraopolis
21 y/o male here. At the end of November my entire body started to feel that "pins and needles" sensation. It didn't hurt, and eventually went away. About one month ago I started to experience a tingling in my left foot. Nothing hurt, but it was just constant. About 2 weeks ago, give or take, the large majority of the tingling went away, but when it did, I started to get twitching in both legs, mostly in the calf area. It hasn't been painful, but today and yesterday it started to hurt very light. I've also noticed that my shoulder for my left arm gets randomly sore. I can use my arms freely, it only feels sore when I actually stop what im doing. Walking is still good, but my legs feel like jelly. It's just uncomfortable. I've gone on Google and ALS seems like it is possible. I've been worried sick. I have an appointment with a general practice doctor Friday (this'll be my first visit ever, I got a new medical plan). In the meantime, what say you? I appreciate EVERYONE who has helped others in the past.

I'm glad you're seeing a doc -- it's good to have a baseline and get acquainted. I would imagine they will do some lab work. A virus or bacterial infection is certainly possible.

There's no reason for concern about ALS from what you've described. From now till your appointment, it might be worth reassessing your seating and sleeping support/positions, and making sure you're getting walking/stretching those muscles in.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back