Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
I have had muscle wasting in my left hand and forearm for a number of years with clear wasting of the first dorsal interosseus. I have just had a repeat EMG and it shows there are continued mild neurogenic changes in the EDC but there are now complex repetitive discarges in the wasted FDI suggesting a chronic lesion. Imaging has shown no cord lesion or syringomyelia. I am being referred back to neurology yet again. Any ideas?

It would be ideal if you could post a copy of your EMG including the summary and conclusions. Black out any identifying information.

There are a lot of localized nerve problems (often from compression or injury) that could cause EMG abnormalities and muscle wasting. You mention you have had wasting “for a number of years”. Any problems elsewhere? Can you use your hand normally?

It would be ideal if you could post a copy of your EMG including the summary and conclusions. Black out any identifying information.

There are a lot of localized nerve problems (often from compression or injury) that could cause EMG abnormalities and muscle wasting. You mention you have had wasting “for a number of years”. Any problems elsewhere? Can you use your hand normally?

Hiya

I don't have the actual numbers but my last report noted mild neurogenic change in abductor minimi with some long duration large units. Occasional larger units seen in first dorsal interosseous and flexor carpi radialis but no clear excess of long units here. Extensor digitorum longus showed an excess of polyphasia and full interference pattern to 3mV. I will ask for a copy of the latest report and post it when I get it (may be a few weeks as NHS). So the new change is as above in my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back