Reason
Other
Country
uk
State
berks
City
maidenhead
Hi, im clare im 40 im due to have emg waiting for appointment my mri head scan was clear as was blood tests and lumbar xray they first tested me for ms i had a hospital stay due to a severe body tremor and shaking and neurological symptoms ( flashing lights) ive had coccyx pain over a year then started in shoulder and neck now in ankles feet wrists and hands i have become weaker and pain rotates but remains in hands fingers feet , i have muscle twitching almost all the time scince my hospital stay 3 months ago i find walking the stairs more difficult and my grip isent as it was the skin on my palms and back of fingers appears more loose but i dont notice this anywhere else on body i work in a hospital and find work very hard ive had to reduce my hours down to 6 hour shifts and half of what i could manage before due to being in too much pain after being physical can anyone tell me if this sounds familiar to them and if mri xrays showed als on these tests i dont have fatigue as such the pain usually prevents me being too active for long id appreciate any help or advice i dont really have too many people to talk to as dont want to worry hubby and kids soon to be a nanny in 2 weeks :smile:

Hi Clare,

I think that MRI's, blood tests x-rays will only rule out ALS. EMG and associated tests are the diagnostic tests to determine if one has ALS or some other neuro-muscular disease. ALS does not per se cause pain at least in my situation. I get cramps sometimes. I do not think what you describe is indicative of ALS but, then again I am not a Neurologist.

Rick

thankyou rick its a mystery to me too aswell as doctors at the moment i havent had an mri body scan seems almost impossible to get one !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back