Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
KY
City
Lexington
Hello everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. My strange symptoms have started with persistent dizziness and lightheadedness around the end of January. Gradually ended up being dizzy every single day. A couple of times I almost fainted. Then about 3 weeks ago I woke up with left leg weakness. Just felt funny, has been off and on since then. Also right arm weakness. My muscles in both arms and legs just feel weaker with normal exertion. Some tingling in left thumb. Some foot and toe cramps here and there. Some light muscle twitches most days in my lower legs. Most left leg. Labs are normal, I see and ENT Monday and a neurologist the following week. Was worried about MS or ALS. I am a caregiver to my two children who have Ataxia Telangiectasia, a rare genetic condition that is pretty serious and involves me doing a lot of lifting, transferring etc. I use my body every day and it takes a toll. Anyway, I am so worried I won’t be able to take care of them one day. Any help appreciated thank you 🙏

Hello there-

I am hoping you have read the Read Before Posting to help reassure yourself about ALS. What you list is not associated with ALS- fainting, dizziness, tingling, lightheadedness all point to something else. A feeling of weakness is not the same as actual clinical weakness in ALS and twitching is so common as to not really mean anything (though it sure does bring people here in a panic!).

While it must be very stressful not to know what, if anything, your symptoms may mean, you can take ALS off the table, as you will read in the link provided.

Please do take care-

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back