Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
City
Commerce Township
Hi all. I actually posted last November. At the time, I was having lots of twitching in both calves and feet, more at rest, and some deep cramping feelings. I had an EMG and it came back normal. Things settled down for awhile. Then, about 4-5 weeks ago the twitching in my feet and calves came back. It was accompanied by both of my achilles tendons, right above both heels, suddenly becoming incredibly tight. Like if I sit or lay down for more than an hour and then stand up, I have to limp because both tendons are so tight and painful I can barely walk. In addition to all of that, both of my forearms feel weak and so sore inside. Makes it hard to open my hands. And the pinky on my right hand has been twitching for 3 days straight. Mostly just when I rest my hand. I can see the muscle on the side of my hand twitching.

And a few days ago I noticed the twitching has moved up to the back of my thighs.

I don't know what to think. I know this is a lot. Sorry if this is a dumb post. I just feel like I'm losing control of my body. That's a scary feeling.
If you read all of this, thank you. Any thoughts are appreciated.

What did your doctor say when you went back, explained your new issues and had a thorough physical examination?

I'm not sure what's going on with you, but seeing as you have no ALS symptoms I.e. no function failure and clean clinical exams and a clean EMG, you might find your questions better answered on a forum for general health issues.

Good luck to you

My doctor is sending me for a new EMG tomorrow (Wednesday). I had one last November but not since then. I also have an appointment with a Neurologist but not until Nov. 11. In the meantime I'm just really scared. And have lots of deep pain in my right leg, right arm, but also some on the left. It's all deep in my muscles and really hurts. I read the stickies about how this disease typically presents. But I've also read people who say that pain was part of their trajectory from very early on.

I understand. Nothing I can do until I have these appointments. It's just hard to sleep between the pain in my body and the fear. Anyway, I'll shut up until I find out more.
Thanks so much.

Let us know when you have Emg results. Remember it depends on the institutional policy whether the examiner tells results so don’t worry if they don’t say anything. Remember also emg and ncs tests can be abnormal in many ways. Most are not als and anything on the ncs points away from als

good luck tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back