TrilbyHat

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
36 year-old male. US.

The last few weeks I feel as if my voice has been sounding increasingly nasal. It feels as if my voice has been pushed up into the back top of my mouth - sort of where the soft palate is. It's not a slur, more a sort of "feels like my voice is being pushed upwards and the back of my mouth gets in the way more than it used to".

I also feel my lips are getting tired and they feel a bit more "obvious" and fuller. Not visually, though. I almost feel like my moth is tired at the end of the night.

Of course, the anxiety associated with this makes me feel my speech and mouth feel worse. I am an anxious person, although undiagnosed.

Swallowing seems fine. Of course, I can convince myself it isn't if I want to. Hello anxiety.

This is a very strange feeling. Have a PCP appointment, but it's weeks away. Just putting information here for discussion purposes.

Hi there-

Please read here: Read Before Posting

You don't really ask a specific question, so make sure to read the above first to make sure you know what this forum is for and what is recommended.

Take care

Sorry for the ambiguity. My question would be if this is a situation anyone has encountered/heard of, as a first set of symptoms?

No, none that I've heard of.

I would look at your hydration and consider a dry mouth spray, and a better lip balm. Allergies this time of year, even new to you, are another thought esp. for lips that feel swollen.

You’ve admitted you are an anxious person and you’ve said
“Hello” to anxiety.

Well, there’s the first diagnosis… Health Anxiety. Treatable.

If your PCP appointment is weeks away and waiting is making
your Health Anxiety accelerate… consider something like a
local Med Quick.

I’d guess Dr. Google guided you here… do yourself a favor
and wait until a real doctor does an physical exam on you.

Hope you concerns are resolved soon, being 36 years old you
have so much more life ahead of you.... not to be burdened
with thoughts and fears of a rare terminal disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back