00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Rialto
I’ll give you guys the full breakdown of my symptoms
Around mid November I woke up with extreme leg fatigue. It went away after a few days and mid December I began twitching in both calves. Shortly after this exploded to my entire body.
the twitching has persisted immensely with no signs of getting better. I currently have a spot in my right calf that has been twitching nonstop every two seconds for nine days and counting.
On top of that I have a left tricep twitch that presents with pain and comes periodically throughout the day and has woken me up every night for 5 days multiple times.
my elbow tendon in that same arm also spasms. Whats going on guys? I can’t take this anymore.
My medical insurance is pending for the next 30 days I can’t see anyone.

<quoted text removed>
no insurance id love to

Last edited by a moderator:
Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. It doesn’t matter how much you twitch or how often or how severe. Twitching can be aggravated by stress, over-exertion, caffeine, dehydration, poor sleep. Make sure you address these if they pertain to your situation. A stretching program may also help your spasms.

There’s nothing in your post that suggests ALS. Do find a way to see a doctor if you’re concerned.

Karen made many good suggestions to consider. Also, while waiting for your insurance to kick in, there are a wealth of free stretching/movement vids on YouTube [classical, ballet, tai chi and Pilates moves are all good], followed by a hot shower, and if there is a massage school nearby, they give discounts for guinea pigs.

And you sound like someone who could use a leisurely nature walk or two.

All the best.

Don't worry too much, at least not about ALS as that isn't even a tiny bit like how it starts.
Great suggestions above about how to live well until you can see a doctor. That's about it for us :)

Wow. You certainly have something going on. I am not a doctor. I am a person dying from ALS. You are not. You have to relax a bit. In 30 very short days you will see a doctor and will be totally put at ease regarding ALS. It is not what you have.

My elbow tendon has been going non stop all morning. It’s gone before but not this long in terms of twitching.

That’s still not ALS. Please reread my previous response to you.

As Karen already told you
Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. It doesn’t matter how much you twitch or how often or how severe

Cab twitching ever come before weakness. Seen some stories online where it’s happened

We have exhaustively answered this question. That you keep asking it suggests you are at risk of an obsession.

Stop Googling, and stop reading posts here. They do not apply to you.

You have described nothing concerning as regards ALS.

If your anxiety is so high that you cannot function, call your local crisis hotline (free) and they can help you put this into perspective.

You have now moved from worried to anxious to outright rude I'm afraid. You do NOT have ALS.

Not trying to be rude. Very much apologize if that’s my tone, I’m not in the best state of mind and am very worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back