Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Devon
Hi guys , firstly can I just say what an amazing group of people you are and this community seems really nice .

I am 27 and from the UK . It’s 01.17 here and I’m just wondering what’s going on with me .

One week ago I woke up feeling like I couldn’t move . My legs were heavy , my arms were tired and I immediately panicked and looked up what It could be . For about 10 years I have suffered with anxiety but have never felt like this before . I took myself to a&e on Saturday and after a brief muscle test when the dr asked me to squeeze her fingers and move my calf’s beyond her hands , she sent me on my way and said I seem “ fit and healthy . It’s worth noting I pretty much self diagnosed myself immediately with this and can’t get the worry out of my head .
I went on a 40 minute walk a day ago but it just felt like my legs were in pain the whole time . Went on a Shorter walk today when it was raining and I noticed that the umbrella I was holding was making my arm ache . I’m not going to claim I’m a strong person by any means but surely I should be able to lift an umbrella ?

My legs are still so so heavy and sometimes feel vibrations . My arms almost feel dead, especially my left one however I can still lift decent weights ( even though it seems harder to pick up a tv remote ) My shoulders are the most painful now and actually if I touch them in a certain position I can feel where the pain is remenating from. I also fell asleep twice earlier and was awoken by a massive contraction from my shoulder both times . ( almost one of those dreams where you fall and then wake up).

I don’t want to waste your time but if this was ALS would the symptoms come on this fast ( 6 days ) and I’ve felt pain everywhere , back , knees , feet , legs , arms etc.

I’m ok eating food but I do have a dry throat which feels like there’s a lump down there .

I’m panicking so much that I can’t see where to turn too next , I feel like I can’t go through another day wondering what is happening to me , I haven’t eaten properly in a week and I’ve convinced myself I’ve got ALS/MND.

Any advice would be much appreciated .

Advice? Forget about ALS. You are not remotely describing it. Sudden onset, all over symptoms, lots of feeling like in your description ,pain, vibrating. No, no, no and no.

talk to your gp. Maybe you have a virus or something. It certainly sounds like you have worked yourself up to a state of high anxiety

this is not MNd. At all.

Thanks for your reply Nikki. I’ve had twitching whenever I’ve tried to fall asleep in the last 24 hours and that’s making me panic again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back