Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WI
City
Milwaukee
Hello, firstly I wanna thank anyone who attempts to provide incite or advice. I am a 27 year old male, I've just had anxiety spikes lately, and my first appointment with a neurologist is still 2 weeks away. Also I do have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, my rheum didn't think this was related though when I saw him. [Preface]

So starting in January I had a strange intense sensitivity to brightness, just a very small disturbance. Lasted many months eye doctor only saw dry skin by eyes and figured must be it. But once that was cleared it never fully went away to this day, its sort of still there now. I only preface with this since I feel it is potentially important though not related to als.

But in early June after an intense elliptical workout my legs felt painful and stiff almost, as well as exhausted. Didnt think much until they were sore for days after. After this point legs haven't been the same much. When I stand it will get really uncomfortable and is hard to for long periods. Walking is easier but will get tiring. Legs sometimes ache and are in general pain. Though rest does help. My legs will get stiff and tight in many different areas. Some days one leg is worse than the other and vice versa, some days it's extremely mild overall. Still can do weight training as well to this day though.

Months past and I sort of was waiting it out. October came and I got a feeling of tightness in my throat like something was there almost, this now comes and goes, voice sometimes feels phlegmy. That point is when my anxiety spiked. I get major fatigue somedays and have noticed I do get muscle twitches all around randomly. Lately my neck feels tight and painful sometimes and well as my arms are starting to get tight and will experience pain. Carrying bags seems to fatigue them quicker than before. It seems to be specific areas on both arms with the right being worse. So with all the anxiety my hand joints feel stiff now as well which is very likely the arthritis.

My worries are freaking me out and connecting dots even with that which I realize is more than likely ridiculous. For years I've had random pains here and there but never thought much. I've also felt some sort of brain fog which seems to have worsened a tad. So I do see that with other symptoms that seem unrelated many things could be possible. Mainly I was wondering if als presents its self in some of the ways I listed. I apologize for how all over the place this is but just wanted to be thorough. I don't expect a dx but any help is extremely appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there- please read here first: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

It covers a variety of issues and symptoms and should provide you some reassurance about ALS. Much of what you list has absolutely nothing to do with the constellation of symptoms that indicate a motor neuron issue. It seems that maybe searching online for twitching brought you to us. Twitching can mean nothing or indicate a whole host of issues, minor to major. Your doctor is the best person to asses and provide feedback about their observations. based on their clinical exam.

Has Sjogren's been ruled out? Psoriatric arthritis could look similar for a while, but--

Presuming the neuro doesn't find anything neurological, I would consider a second rheumatology opinion, if only to validate whatever your current treatment is.

But no, you haven't presented any reason to worry about ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back