Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Syracuse
Hello all pALS and cALS! I hope you guys are all doing well. I’m not coming in here to ruminate over possibilities but can’t obviously post in any other thread (trust me, I’ve done that for months). I have read far too many threads of people searching for medical advice when they should be seeing a doctor. I am here just to document my short history before I see a neurologist this coming September and learn whether or not I belong in this community or not. (No offense, but hopefully not!)

Three months ago I started with chest muscle tightness and shortness of breath. Since then, I’ve had all sorts of things ranging from dizziness to persistent fasciculations and cramps that is relatively generalized. 9 hospital visits (one which ended in a diagnosed jugular blood clot at 23), and I have no answer for this as of yet. My neurologist who I was referred to seems to be worried about the possibility of JALS. Being that the practice I am attending is an ALSA center of excellence (SUNY Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse NY), I am confident these are the right people. I don’t think it runs in my family, but my mother has almost no knowledge of her lineage.

I’m ready to fight no matter what comes up this coming month, but I’m hoping I’ll be alright. No matter what happens, I’m going to be the best fighter I can along with everybody in this forum and every other pALS on this earth. God bless you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back