Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MI
City
Whitmore Lake
Hi Everyone,

I don't want to be yet another person with anxiety over my symptoms, but it would be nice to get some input nonetheless. Over the past two months, I have had strange sensations and couldn't resist checking online (which I KNOW is a bad idea). I'm waiting to get in to the Neurologist, but for now I'm just sick with worry. Here are my symptoms, in the order in which they appeared:

-Left foot 'buzzy' feeling
-Spread to right foot
-Feeling changed to cold feeling on top of feet and progressed to front of both calves
-I was put on gabapentin (Neurontin) while waiting to see primary doctor
-2 weeks later, cold feeling gone but started feeling tingly (mild) in various parts of feet, mostly right
-Sometimes have mild burning symptoms in my heels, also have numb spots on bottom both feet
-3 weeks after initials symptoms, started getting muscle twitch next to left knee
-Stopped after a day, but now have had fine muscle twitches in feet, legs, buttocks, and occasionally in back.
-I haven't felt weak, but notice my muscles shake when going down stairs and when holding myself up off the bed (when I'm up on my elbows laying on my side)
-Today noticed my tongue feels thick, said the word 'consultation' funny once, and feel as if my swallowing is weird.

I'm 33 years old, had a clean MRI, multiple neuro exams (from PCP's), non-diabetic. Being fairly healthy my whole life, these symptoms are extremely distressing and I'm anxious all the time. I'm worried I have ALS and any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you, Kelli

Hello-
While you have every right to feel concerned about the odd sensations affecting you, these point away from ALS. Please read the sticky at the top of the DIHALS section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back