Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
City
Toledo
I am new here and recently received my EMG results from Cleveland Clinic. I hope this post is appropriate, I feel alone and anxious about the entire process and the potential possibility of what it could be or what is even wrong.

The doctor said twitching was likely benign, which I have had consistently for three years now. I have not spoken to the doctor, but instead the assistant. I am worried about the recruitment and number outlined in my results. I have no clinical strength issues at this point. Often my lower right quadricep and outside of knee feel tired through any casual exercise/movement. I appear to have atrophy in the same quadricep region, the doctor did not discount this. There again was no clinical weakness at time of exam. I believe there still is no weakness a month later. My right side bicep feels tight when lifting and will lock up when flexed above the shoulder, with hand near head. I have gone to physical therapy and chiropractic to help alleviate these issues but with no luck.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• E8EC4AAA-3A35-44D1-81E6-31A344A1BDFD.jpeg
    E8EC4AAA-3A35-44D1-81E6-31A344A1BDFD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
  • 01F90716-F346-4E7A-B1BD-50840D4832D3.jpeg
    01F90716-F346-4E7A-B1BD-50840D4832D3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
Nothing there suggests denervation. Denervation is the hallmark of ALS, so after 3 years, it is safe to assume that this is benign. This was a substantial test, and the results were negative, trust your doctors.

The last point of the summary clearly states the EMG has picked up nothing at all that would be concerning for a range of issues.
I suggest you go discuss this with your doctor.
You have no signs of ALS clinically on examination nor on EMG. This is great news, and means you can continue to work with your doctor towards solving this. All the very best.

Thank you for your responses! Ok thank you and will do. Does the recruitment number detailed in my report have anything to do with potential future issues w ALS? I am new to this and want to learn more about. Thank you!

No. Please discuss anything further with your doctor. Take good care and all the very best

Last edited:
You must discuss this with your doctor. Without medical training, trying to learn more by googling and asking the terminally ill, is a waste of time and will fuel anxiety.
The short answer is NO your EMG clearly shows you do not have ALS. There is no test that might predict potential future issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back