Status
Not open for further replies.
ANXIETY2: You're still here. You need to be somewhere else to help yourself.

I assure you, you don't have ALS. Take it from someone who knows.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I do not have als nor do I claim to be an expert.

But:
1. You said your respiratory rate was 7 breaths per minute? I believe with als you respiratory rate would be in the high teens to low 20s

2. You would have trouble rearming while lying down not standing.

3. The emg you had rules out the twitches in your legs being als related, which means that you could quite possibly just have a pulmonary disease (or anxiety)

5. I doubt you'd have a o2 saturation of 100 with als

But lie I said I am no expert so anyone else feel free to edit my statements.

So would the clean emg of the legs and clean exam rule out respiratory onset?

Yes, ALS has to be a combination of upper and lower motor neuron involvement, so your clean EMG of legs clears you. My husband has bulbar onset. His EMG was dirty in both the tongue AND the legs, even though at that time he only had a few twitches in his legs, all of his worries concerned his mouth (slurred speech).

Yes, ALS has to be a combination of upper and lower motor neuron involvement, so your clean EMG of legs clears you. My husband has bulbar onset. His EMG was dirty in both the tongue AND the legs, even though at that time he only had a few twitches in his legs, all of his worries concerned his mouth (slurred speech).

Thank you so much

I agree. The EMG would show signs well before any symptoms.

But I didn't have any specialized training on the EMG, didn't complete 3 years of medical residency, didn't pass medical school, had a just-passing GPA in college, and spent most of high school in the principal's office.

Suggest you bring this up to someone who has the opposite scholastic experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back