Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
DE
City
Hürth
Hello, first thank you for visiting my Post.

About my Symptoms:

It started like 2 Month ago with Fasciculations in the face, mostly in the tongue, lips, chin and mine. After that the twitches moved all around the body, from Hand to Feet to Bizeps to Breast and Back. After 1 Month pain started in the right body parts, right pelvis, right shoulder, right thumb, right, ankle, right arm joints, right calve. The pain is in the muscle mostly directly behind the joints. It feels like burning pain when you stretch a muscle normal and worsens when i try to exercise or use the parts. Also massive cramps that i never had before. When im eating sushi i get cramps in the hypothenar muscles in my right hand and also when im writing here i get cramps in the muscle on top of my right arm and shoulder.

The right Tongue also feels like its swollen or hard and i have pain in it. Sometimes it feels that my tongue doesnt do what i want, but i dont know if this is just imagination.

I would be very thankfull if someone that has more information about this desease that im in fear of so much.

Thank you allready, and sry if im wasting anybodys time.

Hello- please read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

Swelling, pain, all over body issues in such a short time all point away from ALS. Make sure to read the above link, it provides a lot of information and should also reassure you. Please also visit with a doctor to work out what might be causing your issues, the folk here can't tell it's anxiety or something else causing your concerns, but you can take ALS off your list of things to be worried about.

Take care

Hello, thank you for your answer, ive read the post before posting. I didnt talk of swelling but In fact the fasciculations bodywide started around 2018. Then got weaker for around one year but came back even stronger in combination with pain in the joint muscles now. I will visit a doctor, thank you for your consideration.

Sry for my bad english im not a native speaker.

"The right Tongue also feels like its swollen or hard"
This is what I was referring to.

I hope you find some answers with the doctor. All the best.

Hello, im sry to write in this forum again, im really sorry to bother people that have a known illness.
It would be really nice if you would answer me, its the last time i will ever write in this forum for this topic.

Im in confusion about the Stiffness and Cramping vs Pain Topic, in the "Read before Posting" Post.

It says that ALS doesnt come with pain in early Stages, but cramps are sometimes crazy painful, but atleast they are slightly painfull, so i dont get over that, because im cramping in my muscles of the right hand and feet, while beeing super stiff on the right side and having bodywide fasciculations but mostly in the muscles that are cramping. So this does look very much like ALS to me, atleast from what ive read so far, can you clear me up on the "pain vs cramps" Topic.

My Symptoms:

Muscle Cramps and pain in right shoulder, elbow, hand, mostly in the big one between thumb and index, and outer muscle of the hand below the pinky finger, also right calves, knees and feet, there also the outer right muscle behind the small toe, in these outer muscles allways a feeling of tingling and cramping. Also tingling in tongue, and face around the mouth and eyes.

Im in fear, so much fear that im not visiting a neurologist, becuase i fear that he tells me that i have als...im so done, living through this psychological hell for 2.5 month now, every day is just watching my symptoms.....im so done with this. I know here are people living through other kinds of hell, more horrible ones, and im sry, im just searching for clarification to ease my mind.

Hello-

This forum is not in the habit of supporting folk that refuse to access available medical care. If you are not seeing a doctor because you are afraid of what they might say, there's not much we can do for you here except advise you to deal with your anxiety. You are speculating about what you might have instead of actually dealing with it and finding out if there is anything actually wrong and this is a waste of both your time and the people's here.

If, after you have visited your doctor, you have further questions, please feel free to post them then. Until then, you are worried about a disease you have convinced yourself you have based on searching the internet. Cramps, twitching and stiffness can be caused by many things and only a doctor can complete the picture based on a clinical exam. The folk here are not a replacement for real medical care.

Please understand we are not unsympathetic, but simply can not help someone who refuses to visit with a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back