Banksy86

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hello all hope you are all doing ok

(previous thread here: concerned about ALS)

My anxiety is through the roof, so since 2017 i have had internal body tremors and muscle twitching in my left hand 24/7 i dont think i have any weakness?i have seen numerous neurologists over the years who have out it down to “anxiety” but i know something is not right,so i saw a neurologist last saturday who wanted me to go for nerve tests and an EMG, which i went today, when the dr doing the tests was doing the EMG when he told me to push my index finger on both hands he looked at the nurse and said “reduced” which has sent me in a fenzy thinking this is a negative finding and i have done the dreaded google on the back of this and it motor neurons disease is showing, the dr said my results will be in a weeks time but with him saying “reduced” to the nurse its sent me in full panic mode

Sorry to bother you lot

It could mean anything including reduced effort. ALS has multiple abnormalities on emg so if you had reduced anything as the only finding it isn’t worrisome please calm down and only report back with the full emg report. If you have access to a patient portal you will be able to see the results lots faster than a week

Banksy... " when he told me to push my index finger on both hands he looked at the nurse and said “reduced” which has sent me in a fenzy."

While you were there why didn't you ask him/her what that meant? They do answer patient questions.
They're not under a gag order during a procedure. Mine did.

When you do get the report post the Summary/Conclusion at the bottom of the report.

Hope you get good news.

No I didn’t which im annoyed at myself for 😐👍🏻

Wow, you are truly jumping off the deep end.
Try everything you can to calm yourself now, and post the EMG when you get it.
There is no way the person testing saying 'reduced' once during a test means you are dying.

I will post the results when i recieve them should be sometime this week

One question i have had the twitching in my hands and body for 5 years if it was als would i be in a bad way by now?

Cheers for the replys

Twitching?? Twitching on its own means absolutely nothing and I'm pretty sure you know this already. I twitch all the time and I don’t have ALS. If you had ALS for 5 years, you'd be close to death or severely limited in all movement.

Any further questions are to be brought to your doctor, please.

Time to read our sticky yet again.
Please no more questions here, we have answered more than sufficiently.
Just report any diagnosis and ask all questions of your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back