00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Elkins Park
Hey everyone,

I’m a 37 (almost 38) year old woman and NP (I work in fertility, limited Neuro knowledge) with 2 little kids (one only 6 months) who is gravely concerned about ALS.

For the past 4-6 weeks I’ve been having trouble walking as before- trouble with dorsiflexing the right foot and a mild steppage gait. Last week I was unable to stand or walk on my heel on the R side. This week I am able to take maybe a couple steps on that heel before I can’t keep the foot up. Oddly I am able to run without it feeling as odd as just walking feels.

Last week I began to have twitching, mainly in both calves but some in trunk and arms as well.

Over the last few days I’ve also developed muscle cramping in the R calf and some in the lower R back of the thigh - most noticeable at night- this is becoming more painful when it does happen.

Saw my PCP last week and she noted the R sided lower extremity weakness and a hyper-reflexive R patellar reflex.

I have an EMG scheduled for tomorrow and am working on getting MRIs of the brain and spine scheduled.

I welcome any thoughts, and thank you all in advance for your time and dedication to the people in this forum. I realize it probably gets frustrating seeing the same types of posts over and over.

Let us know the results of the emg. As you know there are many possible causes of leg weakness. The emg/ ncs would show a lot of them The MRI will also be helpful. Good luck

Thank you Nikki, appreciate that. I will keep y’all posted. I’ll probably post my EMG once I have the report tomorrow, if y’all wouldn’t mind taking a look.
I feel very afraid 😰

We will be happy to take a look. Just remember to block out any identifying information

Thank you, will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back