Diagnosis
08/2019
Country
US
State
MT
City
Big sky country
After a lot of introspection over the last few weeks, I have come to realize there is no more benefit to me in my struggle against ALS - my life these days could really be called breathing rather than living. This is not how I want to live my life. I have decided that I will take my prescribed aid in dying medication tomorrow.

Even though this has been a very difficult three years for me, I have learned a lot and have grown as a person. I've learned to accept help more readily and I believe I have become more patient, empathetic, and kind. I have realized what a great life I have had - a wonderful family, a good education, a successful career, a happy marriage, opportunities to travel the world, and many friends who I love (and who love me). I am a lucky person! I am very comfortable with this final decision and I have no fear about what may (or may not be) beyond this life on earth.

I want to thank everyone here for your boundless support and encouragement. I couldn't have done this without you all.

Oh Fusia you will be missed! But we support your choice and wish you peace on your journey. Fly free
love
Nikki

Fusia, your strength in dealing with this on your own has been such an inspiration to so many on this forum. I and everyone here will miss you, but will celebrate your life and the courage it takes to make this decision. I completely understand and support this most personal of all choices.

With tears of joy and sadness, Kevin

Fusia you inspire us with your tenacity and courage. I am glad you have been fulfilled with a great life. We will miss you but encourage you to fly free. We will celebrate you.
Safe and swift journey.

Fusia, I'm glad I got to know you through your words and wisdom here. Your final post touched me deeply.

Peace! Be free!
Jon

Last edited:
Fair winds and smooth sailing, Fusia. You have helped many, and your words will live on.

Best,
Laurie

Oh Fusia, your light will shine on. May you fly high and free, you have and will continue to make a huge difference in this world and community

Fusia, know that you leave behind many friends on this forum, including me.

I have gotten to know you through your posts and have learned you are someone truly special.

We share a special love for the beautiful and unique area you live and I am glad that you have been able to enjoy it and all the many friends you have there.

You will be in my prayers.

Steve

Fusia,

Thank you for your time and participation, here. You have helped and inspired many on your journey... and your words will live on. I hope you bump into the many wondrous souls who have trekked onward before you. Please give my wife, Darcey, a hug from me if you bump into her. Fly free and be at peace.

My very best goes with you...

Jim

Fly free and high, Fusia. ❤❤❤

Fusia, it has been a pleasure to know you. Fly free, my friend.

You will be missed. It's been wonderful to know you through your presence here.

Ed

Fusia, now I hope you are free and at peace.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back