07/2010
Country
US
State
California
City
Rancho Santa Fe
Hello All:

I came across the website ALSUntangled.com - Home. It downgraded some therapies which came as no surprise. It gave an up check to coconut oil, so I guess I will continue to ingest that goo. Interestingly enough my neurologist is among the contributors; no I did not hear about it from him. Let me know what you think.

Mr D

Interestingly enough my neurologist is among the contributors;
Mr D

Hmm since your from the San Diego area I'd guess your neuro is Dr. Ravitts? Great Dr. BTW

I am more interested in other patient's opinion of the website and whether or not it could prove to be of any benefit to them, than to try to ascertain who the doctor is.

I have found the site very useful. IMO :) ...

We have found it to be a wonderful resource. The docs involved are highly credible (Dr. Bedlack is ours and calls it a labor of love). That the contributors take their time to review possible treatments at the request of PALS overwhelms me...this worst of diseases does often bring out the best in those who dedicate their lives to battling it. The evaluations all appear to be very balanced, giving credit to possibilities where they exist and explains why.

also alstdi ...

having your up checks gives me even more confidence in the site. thanks

Yes, good site.
Coconut oil is good too, check ethnic food stores for lower price.
Cheers,
Casey

I get coconut oil from wallmart the refined one is cheaper does not taste good but I make smoothys with it using bananas mangos great to Iadd sunflower seeds for vit e peanuts dates good to I have been taking coconut oil for almost 2 years I dont taste it when its mixed up, fry with it too and use it in home made banana bread

someone told me that it should be 'virgin' coconut oil

I have found it the cheapest at costco, and it is organic. Try making popcorn with it, it tastes just like theatre popcorn. Of course this is the old fashion way, using a large pot with coconut oil and popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back