Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I just noticed there have been 666 views on my thread that became a sticky. On top of that, I was assigned to Medical Team 13 at the clinic today.

With that said, I could use a drink about now.

Of course, this thread title refers to another round of testing to try and figure out what kind of disorder, disease or syndrome I might / may have. I stopped counting the vials of blood removed from me today at six and am sure there were at least three more (total tests to be run is 10 or 11).

I'm waiting on a call from neuro #3 for an appointment day and time (although I did tell this GP that the last neuros didn't think any of my problems were neurological in nature). What the heck! Why not shoot for a 3rd opinion? Somebody has to come up with an answer other than, "I don't have a clue what's causing your cramps, fascics, spasticity, atrophy and weakness."

My bets are on either PPMS (which evaded the MRI) or PLS (UMN signs only). Anyone else care to post a bet on what this might be? The winner will receive recognition!:)
Oh, joy!:twisted:

But then again, I really like BFS and FSS (Frozen Shoulder Syndrome)

Zaphoon

Last edited:
No Way

I am not going to DX. you, then I would would not win our bet. lol

As someone heading back to the neuro again tomorrow, you have my sympathy.

I got to know one of the phlebotomists at the hospital well enough to shoot the breeze with her from time to time. Last time I was there when she was I joked that surely my doctor had run out of the little boxes to check on the lab request form. That's when she pointed out the little box that had had a blank next to it and said, "Don't worry we still have plenty more yet to go..."

Seriously though, best of luck with the next battery of tests. Even though you're throwing it out there in fun, I really don't want to speculate on a diagnosed. I'm hoping for the best for you this holiday season.

Best wishes,

Robert

Last edited:
Hey good luck Zaphoon....I couldn't even hazard a guess....

Lydia

kim,

Good luck! Remember there are no drs here we can't diagnosed you.(LOL)

I'm guessing gumbyitis. (Don't Google that). With that you live every day to its fullest.:-D

Aw, come now folks! You know I'm not looking for a diagnosis from you. I'm looking for some fun! I like the "Gumbyitis", by the way!

I'm sure we have enough creative minds up there to come up with some flavorful, new disease that even has an exotic name! In my 20 years of service in the navy, I've been to tropical climates as well as a tour in Scotland (because of that, I'm not allowed to give blood - "Mad Cow"...)

That might be it! A strange, new variant of "Mad Cow" or "Angry Sheep"! (I like "Mad Mutton")

Zaphoon

P.S. Thanks for the well wishes! I drink those in heartily!

Kim ... since diagnosed is often a process of elimination, let's do this scientifically.

You've eliminated ALS, MG, MS, PARKINSON'S, PDQ, FYI, PMS, PPMS, PLS (UMN signs only), BFS, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, XYZ and FSS. What letters are left?

It's clearly EHTV, a rare but rarely fatal neuro-sympathetic disorder mainly afflicting Elvis fans. Elvis, of course, was notorious for hating TV.

Have you noticed an aversion to the Sopranos or Sex and the City lately? Anything about the nightly news inducing nausea? Rage? Any unexplained yearning for sequins, Cadillac convertibles or banana/peanut butter sandwiches?

Good luck on the appointment ! I hope I win the contest. :)

P.S. On the contest ... I'm not above bribery.

Last edited:
By George (or Elvis or Ringo)! You might just have something there, Beth! I am an Elvis fan and do have an aversion to "The Sopranos", "Sex In The City" AND "The Nightly News"! Hmmm, EHTV! I like it! I like it!

Z

P.S. I couldn't resist! I googled "gumbyitis" and 1 person described it as suffering from a lack of protein (ha, ha).

Last edited:
kim,

So let me ask are you on the atkins diet now? (ha-ha)

Hi Kim....I think you are suffering from NO 'R E S P E C T ' ! I hope the next round of doctor visits gives you some! :-D

Z~

Good luck, I have nothing witty. My 3 childern have zapped me of all brian function today and maybe ever! I use to have come backs and wit, And know i have puck in my mini van, cheerio's smashed in my carpet..you get it....

I will take the no diagnosed over a diagnosed!

Kim,
I'll have to give this some thought.....your diagnosis needs careful consideration :)

I hope they give you some answers soon!

jennifer

Well, Z, I can't hazard a guess at a DX, but your doctors sure are "Pokey" in finding one for you.

Linda,

That was cute!

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back