Reason
Other
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Edmonton
I know the rate of progression of ALS is different for everyone, but if I've been experiencing all the symptoms i've described - fasciculations mainly in legs and arms (new thing that is happening - when I curl my right arm up, my elbow muscle spasms like crazy! or when I put more pressure on one leg, spasms occur like crazy right above the knee bone). + weakness (right leg balance is way off compared to the fairly impeccable balance of left - also, little things like doing the dishes, playing with the puppy - all feel weaker to me...and my muscles get so tired and achey so easily now, they never ever did before!) - and when I wake up, my muscles feel absolutely overworked and tired + stiff... this is now an every morning thing.

also i feel a buzzing/throbbing feeling in my legs and arms constantly - worse in my legs, though.

but if after 6 months of experiencing this (with the rate of twitching getting so much worse - it happens so often now throughout the day...) - and 3 doc's checked my reflexes, strength, muscle mass etc and said they didn't find anything. NOT COMPARED TO NEURO, but is this not a GOOD sign?

wouldn't after half a year of this progressing show some sort of reflex damage? or some muscle wasting?

the one doc who said he thought he had ALS said that by now I'd be in a wheelchair + that he's never heard of a person my age getting it. makes me skeptical that he even knows ANYTHING about ALS, seeing as I'd assume 95% of you would agree that those 2 comments are complete bull, right?

sorry for this again, but what.to.do?:cry:

i also notice that my joints/bones are cracking, snapping, popping a lot now. my shoulders, back, ankles and in between my chest (that one is weird and happens a lot when I spread my arms wing-style, or when I push my chest out...). Could this be a result of muscle degeneration around the bone?

i know, i know i was told to chill out with the anxiety. but these are new developments. please, any suggestions or comments or stories relating would be absolutely fantastic, as it's helped me in the past. thanks so, so, so much. love and respect.

any help? I'd love to get your input on the bone cracking thing - and also the increase in fasciculations when I'm using a particular muscle (sometimes)

also, sometimes I get this pattern: a few spasms on my left calf - then a quick twitch on my left - then a 5 min twitch-fest up in my elbow... is this too sporadic of a pattern to seem like ALS - or is this indicative of something most definitely in a further stage than I thought?
my right armis definitely weaker than my left, as is my right arm.
THANKS.

my neuro appointment was resched'd for mid April - so I'm stressing here.

My joints crack alot more, BUT They could have always done that and I never noticed untill now. Could that be the case with you? I did not ever notice it but I cant say forsure that it is new, I never would have cared before. It is funny, me and my sisters always knew when our mom was coming down the hall because we could hear her feet/ankles cracking all the way! They still do....

If you've had 3 docs do standard neuro tests and tell you that you don't have ALS that is a good sign.

Additionally if you haven't seen any progression in 6 months that is another good sign.

If you've had 3 docs do standard neuro tests and tell you that you don't have ALS that is a good sign.

Additionally if you haven't seen any progression in 6 months that is another good sign.

well the fasciculations have increased 2-fold in the past couple months. that's what's worrying me more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back