Diagnosis
06/2019
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tubac
Has anyone had any good experience w/Dr. Ming’s $500/month herbal treatment? Has anyone gone to his hospital? Thank you.

Cheryl, this isn’t research. If Chinese herbs were effective for ALS, the ALS community would be all over it.
If you are aware of any controlled clinical trials showing a benefit of these herbs in a legitimate peer-reviewed medical journal, do let us know.

ALS Untangled has a website that reviews alternative treatments.

There are many ways to slow progression and complications, with good evidence behind them. These include maintaining body fat/weight and staying hydrated (with a feeding tube if needed in order to do so), prompt use of mobility devices when falls are a risk/BiPAP when breathing begins to become difficult; use of a hospital bed when a flat position becomes uncomfortable; ROM exercises/stretching/massage, selective use of supplements; and much more. You will find many discussions of all these things by using the search button at the top right.

Save your money for co-pays and cash purchases for what is real and effective, as people here can attest. There is no magic herbal bundle that addresses ALS. There are similar rates of death from ALS/MND all over the world.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:
Thank you, Karen.

Thank you, Laurie.

If you have $ 500 a month you are looking to get rid of, send it to me. I'll give you all the useless vitamins you want. Allow me to give you the perspective of 6 years with this disease. There are any number of charlatans out there looking to make a buck on desperate people. THe fact is, we are dying, each one of us and are likely to drop everything for any sort of chance at life. THis covers everything from simple herbal remedies all the way to NeurOWN. None of these treatments have been proven to have any effect on disease progression. Rather than waste money on something ineffective, spend it on a nice trip somewhere warm with drinks in coconuts with colourful umbrellas.
Vincent

Thanks for the good advice. I’m sure you’re right. Still holding out for Nurown’s 3rd clinical trial. Hang in there, my friend.

As usual Laurie dishes out some solid advice and Vincent gives me a much-needed chuckle. I think each person finds their own comfort space on the hope - realism spectrum. I lean toward realism. However, I've benefited from hope and even denial at times to get me through rough patches. I know almost nothing about Chinese herbs or eastern medicine generally, but some very smart people whom I respect greatly have spoken glowingly about the virtues of Eastern medicine and its advantages over our pharmaceutical-based Western model. I just haven't found the applicability for ALS, and I'm still taking my Riluzole. And I still hold out hope for Nurown and other stuff that's currently in the hopper.

As usual Laurie dishes out some solid advice and Vincent gives me a much-needed chuckle. I think each person finds their own comfort space on the hope - realism spectrum. I lean toward realism. However, I've benefited from hope and even denial at times to get me through rough patches. I know almost nothing about Chinese herbs or eastern medicine generally, but some very smart people whom I respect greatly have spoken glowingly about the virtues of Eastern medicine and its advantages over our pharmaceutical-based Western model. I just haven't found the applicability for ALS, and I'm still taking my Riluzole. And I still hold out hope for Nurown and other stuff that's currently in the hopper.
Thanks for your optimism!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back