00/0000
Country
US
State
UT
City
Orem
Hi guys,
Hate to be here.Im a 22 year old male, and have watched this progress(albeit slowly). The symptoms started 3 years ago with a small tremor in both hands, fascilitations all over my body, and muscle atrophy on my right inner forearm and right tricep..
Having tremendous health anxiety, i sought out a neuro.. and proved to have a clean bill of health after 2 MRI's, EMG, and several full panel blood workups
I even went to the Mayo clinic and the doctor said it wasn't anything to be worried about.

Ive got no familial history of muscle disease.

I am not noticeably weak, can still run pretty well and do everything required.I even tested my strength and did more pushups this morning than I have in a while(which is not many lol). Although shaky, I have no difficulty holding my arms above my head.
I do have bulging disks in my neck and back which could certainly be impacting my nervous system, but after doing research online I'm not sure the symptoms line up. Any ideas?

CK levels have remained normal and I've had absolutely no biomarkers besides what I've read online.
My tongue does twitch, but Im not sure what to equate that to.

Thanks for any responses! It has ruined my life over the past few years and I need to put the fear of terminal illness to rest if this is not the case.

I guess my question is: Could ALS be missed through those tests? With neurological diseases, would there be biomarkers or signs besides my perception?

Its weird hearing DR's say your fine but then yet symptoms keep progressing, I can now feel the same twitchy atrophy feeling on my left arm.

Nope, you're clear. Treating your anxiety, proper hydration, laying off caffeine, good sleep should all help. My niece, a physician, has a primary tremor. It runs on our family. My neurologist has fasciculations and isn't concerned about them at all.

Don't let anxiety ruin your life. Get some counseling and maybe talk to your doctor about medication.

Thanks Kim, what about the atrophy? Should i attribute that to my back?

There is no reason to worry about atrophy if it's not impeding your function, with all the normal tests you have had. I am sure you will get periodic imaging of your back to make sure that your spine doesn't cause any serious problems, but that would be very unlikely at your age and fitness level. You are able to move normally, suggesting there is no significant lack of muscle bulk, so I would proceed with Kim's plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back