Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
MN
For Brian with the weight, we went with “all calories are good calories” and I loaded him up on the fun three, protein, fat, carbs. He was tiny anyway (5’6, 125) pre ALS and had always followed a strict diet and exercise regime. I had to get him into the idea that he needed to pretty much reverse his previous mode of thought.

It worked! I definitely credit it with keeping him mobile a little longer.

KevinM

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2019
Country
US
State
FL
For Brian with the weight, we went with “all calories are good calories” and I loaded him up on the fun three, protein, fat, carbs. He was tiny anyway (5’6, 125) pre ALS and had always followed a strict diet and exercise regime. I had to get him into the idea that he needed to pretty much reverse his previous mode of thought.

It worked! I definitely credit it with keeping him mobile a little longer.
Indeed. I’m 5’9, 155, and have never been much of a big eater. Pounding the calories now, though. Three beers a day doesn’t hurt, either!

KevinM

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2019
Country
US
State
FL
Indeed. I’m 5’9, 155, and have never been much of a big eater. Pounding the calories now, though. Three beers a day doesn’t hurt, either!
Just thought of one of those great Far Side comics by Gary Larson that seems an accurate metaphor for eating and drinking whatever the hell we want. Two guys in a rowboat fishing, end of the world mushroom clouds blossoming all around them, and the one fellow says “I’ll tell you what this means! No size restrictions, and screw the limit!

And thus it is with us....

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
home
Definitely all calories are good calories. Sure eating healthy and balanced is good - but not losing weight is better!