12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
Something I found I believe relatively gets overlooked and it has nearly
the same frequency of occurrence as ALS… 5 or 6 per 100,000 thousand.

It’s seems to me that many ‘Could this be ALS’ers’ have described this somewhat.

Here it is… maybe for future reference. It’s not listed in our Related MND
sub-forum.

'Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, which the Mayo Clinic describes as an uncommon brain
disorder that causes serious problems with walking, balance and eye movements, and later,
with swallowing. It worsens over time often in conjunction with Health Anxiety.'

Just FYI... back to Leg Pain.

PSP is a very real progressive fatal neurodegenerative disease. It can be an exceedingly rare manifestation of C9 orf72 and I have a relative who died from it. It has definite characteristics and I have never seen anyone in dihals describe symptoms like it It progresses because like ALS it is a neurodegenerative brain disease not because the people with it are anxious though depression and anxiety are often associated unsurprising given the symptoms It is a disease of the brain stem I do not believe there is any evidence it is an MND. Where did you see that? I looked at the mayo site it doesn’t say that nor does it mention health anxiety or imply that anxiety causes symptom progression

Sorry, i don't remember what site I found it on. Best i remember it was a story
concerning an athlete I saw on Daily Mail. (It did say ' which the Mayo Clinic describes' )

I have seen 'Could be this be ALS'ers' post...
"that causes serious problems with walking, balance and eye movements, and later,
with swallowing. It worsens over time often in conjunction with Health Anxiety."
I'd still believe anxiety would play a part too. But you seem to know better.

Glad you researched this... just going by what I read on it.

Won't do this again. Lesson learned.

Daily Mail isn’t exactly a reliable source. Unfortunately as I said I have seen it up close and personal. My relative suffered for 11 years with it.

I have found often Daily Mail is far and more accurate than CNN and MSNBC web sites.
Why would Daily Mail post a false story concerning an athlete diagnosed with it ?
Whatever.

Didn't mean to get your ire up... again, Won't do this again. Lesson learned.

I'll leave any and all info up to you experts from now on. Could be why most of the
other sub-forums have gone nearly idle.

Back to leg pain

I don’t doubt the person has it. Their authority on details of a rare neurological disease is somewhat suspect though and if you got your details you posted from there it would seem they were misleading at best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back