Not open for further replies.

lydia

Country
US
State
ny
City
buffalo
So yet again, I am posting my symptoms that no one else here experiences or that no one knows what to make of...! This sensory stuff is new; arriving only in the last few months and it is starting to seem like I am getting buried in them. They are not difficult to live with and I suppose I welcome them because they must point to some diagnosed; eventually! I know at my doctor's appointment last week it was the sensory stuff that pointed my GP toward MS and his insistence that I go back to neuro #1.

The latest: I feel as if I have a wet spot on my head/scalp. After giving up searching the ceiling for a leak and constantly feeling my head, I decided it must be yet another bizarre sensory manifestation (like the rubber band around lower ribs, the numb-ish lips, the buzzing in my butt and limbs). It is very very pronounced. I know that it is not there, yet can not help but constantly touching it to make sure.

Oh well!
Lydia

Lydia,

I kept thinking it was starting to rain, because I felt wet drops on my legs and arms. No-one else felt them and it never started to rain.
I get the numb-ish lip thing and the buzzing in my butt and legs also.
These symptoms come and go they are not there all the time.
I don't have any answers either.....

lydia, I get a similiar feeling, but it is in my ear, feels like there is is something wet in there. Not like the feeling you get when you go swimming and your ears are clogged for awhile. Kind of like there is moisture in my left ear. Tried putiing a Q-tip in, but nothing. Oh some of these crazy symptoms of something? l.o.l margaret

count me in on the wet drops, cyrstal!

I get a feeling like hot water is being run down my thigh. I think it is/was nueropthy because I have thinning on that leg, where the feeling was, and my thighs look asymetrical these days (I had the that thigh emg's 2x and was clean, biospsy was on other leg). I Get a hot feeling in my arms and legs alot, where my clothes iratate my skin. I got the buzzing as well, but more in my left foot.

No wet drops here. I just wanted to say that completely removed from anything else, years ago; (I was, I think 19, or maybe 20 at the oldest) I had shingles. The pain from them never completely left my body. For decades after, especially if I was under stress, I would get that burning pain sensation, but without a rash; oftentimes on my forearm, but sometimes on my back (where the shingles had been) The pain ALWAYS following the path of a nerve, and I have no doubt it was the shingles/ chickenpox/mono virus still lurking in my body. I've had all of those manifestations of the herpes virus over the years ~ missed a half year of 9th grade with mono....

18 months or so ago, I actually had a shingles breakout again, behind my ear. (my rheumy just stood there and shook his head)

So: I wrote all of the above, just to say, that everything does not necessarily have to be related to each other. It could be, but I think a person kind of has to make some sort of boundary as far as a time line. with what to leave in, what to leave out of the scenario ~ I know this is a new development for you, and probably is part of everything else, just thinking of all the people that are bound to read this.

I sincerely hope you've got some answers coming soon!

It must be r.s.s.

I have a name for this water dropping sensation = Raindrop Sensory Syndrome! (RSS) It may also be referred to as "Chicken Little Syndrome" (CLS) in its early stages. In Full Blown CLS (Chicken Little Syndrome), you not only feel as if water is falling from the sky and hitting various body parts, but you also experience the feeling of pieces of satelites and other airborn entities piercing your body. Of course, CLS is curable with high voltage shock treatments and/or a frontal lobe labotomy.

(couldn't help myself...)

Before I get into too much trouble, let me say that I'm glad I'm not the one experiencing the water drop thing. Thats all I'd need. People already think I'm crazy enough as it is. My apologies, Lydia...

Last edited:
Z, I think I am already experiencing the high voltage shock therapy with the buzzing coming out of my a**....! Try describing that to a cute young doctor with a straight face..."really doctor, you can feel it, just put your hand right there..."

Rose, yes I should be careful and not try to alarm the worrisome out there (somehow I don't include myself in that category) but it is just so darn strange. I went 15 YEARS without seeing a doctor. And now I have had 15 visits in 8 months. I feel like my so-called serious symptoms have transformed into laughable ones..."Doctor, I buzz constantly, my head feels wet, and could you please undo this invisible girdle squeezing me in half?" How am I supposed to take myself seriously, let alone a doctor? I am grateful that I can just shake my head, shrug, and (sort-of) laugh. Do I think it is all related? Yes...I guess...why all the freakiness now, at the same time I have the other (neuro-confirmed!) issues as well?

It has completely surprised me there are others here who have experienced the bizarre wet sensation. As soon as things quiet down at work I am going to google it to my heart's content.

Lydia
Lydia

So I posted a response but it got sent to the moderators for review :confused:. I am pretty sure I used symbols for that "colorful" word....Sorry Al and Cindy for giving you more work!

Lydia

Lydia...

golly, what word (or words) could that be? I recently was sending a pm, and used a certain word, and when it sent, it was miraculously changed into ****....

Shhh Zaphoon doesn't know this, but many times when I get behind the wheel now (mind you, its Jersey and NYC driving) I think of him talking about finding himself making that extra hand signal, how funny, as I think its part of the driving test here..... you know,

Question 13 on the New Jersey State drivers competency test:
When is "the gesture" appropriate?

a) On a dark country road with no other vehicles in sight (actually the *true* answer for when high beams may be used)

b) In heavy turnpike traffic during rush hour while surrounded by rude truck drivers

c) In moderate traffic when stuck behind an imbecile

d) b,& c

Don't know why you ended in there lydia but worse than that has passed through. No problem.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back