Another adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kate, I did just see that there were fires out in wy but didn't know the extent. Hope it doesn't burn to much land up.
Hope your safe! Love ya chally

Chally, you probably already know this, but...

Be sure to get an Access Pass. If you don't have one, you can get it at the entrance station to either Grand Teton National Park or Yellowstone National Park.

I did not need any documentation to get one, but others have reported to me that they did. To qualify, you need to be permanently disabled. Sounds like you qualify;)

This pass will provide free access to federal fee areas, such as national parks and national recreation areas.

Good luck on the trip. I read a report on inciweb dot com that they are trying to get the road to Yellowstone's south entrance opened by tomorrow. It all depends on the fire behavior, which sometimes is hard to predict.

Steve

Chally,

The south entrance to Yellowstone is still closed. I am hopeful that it will open before you get there, but you really can't completely predict fire behavior.

If it is still closed, don't despair. From Jackson to Madison Junction (in Yellowstone) is about 3 hours, regardless of whether you go in Yellowstone's south or west entrance. If the south entrance is closed, head out of Jackson over Teton pass to US 20. Google Maps gives good instructions for this route.

Google says the trip is a half hour faster going through the south entrance. In my experience, it takes the same amount of time either way (and I have done both ways many times). The drive is beautiful either way.

Note that Madison Junction is about 16 miles north of the Old Faithful area. If there are no "buffalo jams" along the way, that makes it about a half hour drive from Madison Junction to Old Faithful.

Steve

Hey Steve, I am leaving Sunday and staying @
Jackson Lodge. Heard about the fires wow!
Can't wait to git there! Thanks chally

Have a blast Chally!!!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I'll bring I- pad and try to send pics. Love ya chally

Have a great trip, Chally! We will be there a week after you. Hoping the fires cooperate.

I am looking forward to hearing about your adventures when you get back. Don't get 'et by any bears!

Chally, I know your plans were to leave for the Tetons and Yellowstone today.

Just letting you know I am thinking of you. Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Steve

Great Chally. Have a fantastic trip.

I just got back from a cruise to Alaska (beautiful) and going to Grand Canyon in November!

Livin it up!!

Hope this goes through!

Keep getting not valid image file?
Not going through

I know Chally, same for me, so I've not been able to put up any koala photos - ARRGGHHHHHHHHH :mad:

The idea of FB is really impressive. Staying in touch with friends and loved ones ensures a positive framework and helps you deal wih stress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back