Anonymity: Yes or No ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotiostzimas

In deed I really suggest, that everyone talking here about therapies, medicines, supplements..., has to say who he/she is. To make sure it's not a "salesman". Because we, the PALS, have not that much time to find out if they said the same things before.Someone who is hiding has to hide something. We , the PALS, want the truth but only the truth.
Geia hara.

I like my disease, because I got to know people that without the ALS I would never get to know.

Hello! I am new to this chat! This is the first time I have spoken to anyone about ALS. My mother has it and I have been her primary caregiver for about a year now.

You've come to the right place!

Ask your questions...
You'll find there's no shortage of Help here.

:)

I guess I don*'t really have any questions just need somebody to talk to. My mother is on a ventilator now due to a blood clot that moved to her lung, from not moving her legs enough once tha ALS set in. She is doing good and still has great spirits but since her communication is limited to yes and no responses with her hand it still gets lonely.

Hi dandilbrit, welcome to this forum.
I took five year care of my mother, diagnosed with ALS, and now I am a PALS too.
I know my future and I am still enjoying ever day. I think you mother would like this thread. Many greetings to your mother.
Geia hara

Well I guess it's my turn to put my 2 cents in. This must be a happenin type place. Look at all the new members from far and wide. Welcome to you all. I'm spending another couple of nights in Rehab. (No Ted not alcohol and drug abuse) Just tweaking up the BIPAP and making sure it's still working properly. Just thought I'd drop in to say Hi.

Hello Al, nice for me to be here .
Rehab, I think I know what it is, it’s there where they do massage and other good things for your body.Nice for you Al .Have fun. :) But what is Bipap? I hope it’s something nice.
Geia hara

Al... I'm sure that it's not alcohol rehab that you need. Alcohol replacement maybe but not rehab.

Have fun while those nurses smooth the wrinkles out of your system.

Cheers

T.

Thanks guys. They let me out because of good behavior a day early. Or was it because of bad behavior. I'm not sure. But I've escaped and am home and happy. Met a couple of interesting people in rehab. Joe with ALS and Andrew with Muscular dystrophy. We had some interesting chats about ALS and some of the scary things. Like venting and quality of life. I learned a bit and maybe changed my outlook on life a litle bit. I'll have to do some thinking and soul searching and maybe change my mind on a few things. Once again I've learned if you don't talk to others about this disease and life in general you are short changing yourself.

Re:

Al said:
Thanks guys. They let me out because of good behavior a day early. Or was it because of bad behavior. I'm not sure. But I've escaped and am home and happy. Met a couple of interesting people in rehab. Joe with ALS and Andrew with Muscular dystrophy. We had some interesting chats about ALS and some of the scary things. Like venting and quality of life. I learned a bit and maybe changed my outlook on life a litle bit. I'll have to do some thinking and soul searching and maybe change my mind on a few things. Once again I've learned if you don't talk to others about this disease and life in general you are short changing yourself.
There weren't any massages but they treat you very nice there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back