Not open for further replies.

ltr

Country
US
State
NY
City
Elmira
My dear and caring friend Annmarie went to see Dr. Simmons today. She felt as if she was going to see the grim reaper all week. She has had EMG's and all the other testing with fluctuating diagnoses and symptoms. Her neuro at Hershey, who says he has diagnosed many ALS patient's and that she certainly didn't have it, has even treated her in a condenscending manner when she voiced her concerns about ALS. Today, though, Dr. Simmons told her he is quite sure she has als and he didn't understand how his colleague has missed it. She has hyperreflexes, clonus, Hoffman's sign and positive Babinski, atrophy and weakness. She had an EMG positive for polyradiculopathy and then another that showed nothing. Dr. Simmons couldn't understand that either.

Annmarie goes back at 1 pm for another EMG, but no matter the results Dr. Simmons says it will eventually show it. She is also having a muscle biopsy. I am hoping everyone will be praying for Annmarie today.

Annmarie, like many others on this forum, did not want ALS. She just knew that there is something terribly wrong and that it fit the picture. My heart aches today for Annmarie and her family. I will be thinking and praying for her today.

Oh No

I cant believe it i just called her and there was no answer i left on the message. Hi annmarie its jenny i no your doing good and i no its not als give me a call please. now i feel terrible iam going to cry now.

Leslie,
I am sitting here in tears. Please keep us informed.

Crystalkk

My prayers are with you. You have been such a comfort to me as we travel through this journey. My course is so similar to yours. We will travel together through this awful disease and pray for a cure.

Please pass on my deepest regrets to Annmarie. She will be in my thoughts always.

Oh, no. My thoughts are with you, annmarie.

Annmarie hasn't been here a long time but is a frequent and knowledgable contributor. She is one of the ones that knew something was wrong when there really was something wrong. I was like that a long time ago(it seems). When they do finally tell you it can be a relief. Not any easier to take but now you can move on with your life and not be consumed with doubt. She is strong and I am sure with our help and support she will continue to fight the good fight. I'm sorry for you Annmarie.
AL.

A terrible tragedy. Just aweful.

I am so sorry. . . I do not even have words to say how sorry I am . . .

This is terrible. My heart goes out to you, Annmarie, and your son and husband. Keep strong. Cindy

Annmarie,

I am praying for you and your family. You have had numerous EMG's that were negative, that has to mean something right? Also, make sure you tell him about the pain - maybe multifocal motor neuropahy? It's gotta be! Keep us posted and know that we are all pulling for you.

I had a feeling this was coming. She has been a good friend and is strong. She is and has always been in my prayers. She will pull thru this and fight with every ounce of strength

Annmarie ~ As you and your family come to terms with this news, I want you to know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. Pam B in Va

Annmarie........

May God bless you and your family. This is not what I wanted to hear. I can just imagine what you are going through. I did not even know what ALS was until it hit home, and believe me dear, it was my worst nightmare, and it will forever be my worst nightmare that stole my son from me, and left me with an empty broken heart. I will be praying for you. Keep us posted dear.

Irma:cry:

annmarie,

My prayers are with you and yours. I'll pass this rayof hope to you.....

1493288832_47e4825113_m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back