Reason
PALS
Country
uni
State
unknown
City
unknown
Has anyone heard from Annmarie? I am just wondering how she is holding up. Leslie or Jamie if you talk to her please tell her that we are all thinking of her and praying for her.

I see where she visits the forum often. Annmarie must feel like she's been blindsided. It is so unfair! Cindy

I have been wondering about annmarie, too. I can imagine what she is going through. I know the feeling and pain of that nightmare, not as a Pals, but as a Cals. Bless her heart. I also have a real close friend of mine, that her son (now 38) and my late son actually played together when they were little boys, well that lady is undergoing tests for Als. She has the same symptoms my son had, her walking is impaired, bad speech, twitching, etc. She cannot walk without the help of a cane. Today is her 2nd day of tests. She is seeing Dr. Appel here in Houston. Bless her heart I have been praying for her. She is only 52. That disease is a monster.

Annmarie, if you are out there, we are praying for you sweetheart. God will take care of you, and I am sure he will help you through this journey! We love you, annmarie!

Irma

God what is going on?

What is going on with my typing? My friend's son is 38 and not 3! LOL
Irma

I know she must feel blindsided. Annmarie- you mean a lot to all of us. You have talked to many of us when we are depressed/scared. LEt us know if we can return the favor. I know you probably you need your space too- But we are here when you are ready . . .

I wouldn't go a day without talking to Annmarie.....she is an important part of my support system and I do my best to be hers! She is a strong woman and is just taking time to try and sort through all of her new information. Many times we have offered support to others saying not to give into a diagnosis of ALS without all the criteria met......now Annmarie has this same dilemma. In time she will be able to post, probably after she figures out what stance she is taking with this!

I am so sorry for your diagnosed. I know in my case it was double edged, at least now I know the problem but aww crap. Did you see Dr Simmons? Are you going to clinic in Hershey and if so when? My next visit is 10/7.

I am so sorry for your news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
I am pretty new to this forum, but from your post I can see that you are a person of
amazing grace and strenght. God bless you
Cornelia

Re: AnnMarie

Annmarie has conversed with me, unbelievable woman, trying to help me deal with the fact that I have been told I have the early stages of ALS. I don't know much about her, but God bless her and her family. If she feels at all like I do, she is probably just trying to digest what she has been told and help her family to cope with the news. That's where I am at these days.

Babe - you may not have seen on your other thread, but I was wondering if the technician for your swallowing study is the one who gave you a diagnosed of als. You said the doc hadn't confirmed it. Some of us members, me, Annmarie, Jamie, Lou and G firmly believe that you should not give in and accept a diagnosis of als unless there is some proof of it. With your clean EMG's and no doc to confirm a diagnosis....please don't go with it yet.

Knowing Annmarie, she has already told you this! :)

annmrie

You are so strong, i have learned so much from talking to you, you are going to be my role model and iam going to be strong for my baby and husband no matter what happens to me. Its like if you were an angel that has lifted me up out of the dark clouds. Please no i mean that Annmarie you have so many nice things to say about everybody, you make everyone feel so good i love that about you. jenny

Let me first say first that Im sorry that this is where this road ended. I was totally shocked, I thought you, Leslie, Jamie, and I would be on here for years going through the same bullcrap with no answers. To be quite honest, Im more scared but that isnt your problem. You have your own problems. Good Luck, I really mean it.

I am still who I am, and I agree with others who have said this disease cannot define who I am. I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, and a friend to all of you on this forum..

Annmarie- your post said it all. Those of us who are un-DX'd wonder what we will do if we are told our worst fears, but barely a week into this and you are acting like a long-time PAL, focusing on family, friends, and life! I am proud to know you! Cindy

annmarie, Hi! Nice to see your posts on the board again, but saddened by the outcome. Nice post, annmarie. It shows that your mind is strong, and you have such faith! May God bless you and your family for that. I know what your family is going through from the CAL point of view. It's not easy, I know that. It all comes in stages, how well I remember that. Feelings that I have never had before, they came and left, but I will never forget what it felt like. A lot of times when I read these posts I get flashbacks. It is something that your loved ones will never, ever forget. Right now I am trying to be of some help to a long time friend of mine, she is only 52 yrs old, and she was diagnosed with ALS yesterday. She is devastated. I do not know why this happens to the nicest of people! I guess we'll never know, and the cure, THE CURE, where is it? Aren't they ever going to find one? This is so unfair to everyone involved. May God bless you each day annmarie. We would love to keep on hearing from you. Have a blessed day!

Irma

annmarie:

I was away from these boards during the time that you were diagnosed. I know that you have always been supportive of my situation and cannot thank you enough for your kindness and consideration. Your attitude is one that I also need to maintain as I approach a diagnosis in the near future. Symptom wise, I am gradually degenerating, although I can still function well. If I am not mistaken, you are also able to function quite well. Will you seek a second opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back