Animal companions- share your pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fritz was the love of my life. He was trained so well. I wish I had more pictures of him. My housemate and I bought him together when we were together. I love little Ace, in part, because he sorta reminds me of Fritz.

Fritz and my first Italian Greyhound, Puppet. They owned me.

My first dog, Laddie. He actually belonged to a neighbor but adopted me. I had just turned four in this picture.
Fritz is a dogs dog, Kim. They stay in our hearts forever. K

OK, I admit I'm stretching the definition of "animal companions " but can I include a wild turkey? I kept seeing a single wild turkey everyday hanging around unusually close to my house and barn for a couple of weeks and then I didn't. I thought it had left but surprise, surprise discovered it had made a nest in the dog house attached to the barn! It has been "setting" for a few weeks now and can't wait to see the babies!
IMG_1555.JPEG

This is absolutely valid. Even better, this turkey chose you! What is mama's name (I am assuming you named her)?

Great place for a nest! It looks like the dog hasn’t been using the dog house recently.

I’ll share this one too since we’re on the subject of wild birds. But I can’t take credit for it. A friend of mine has an owl box on the side of her barn. She noticed these baby barn owls sleeping on top of the owl box. They had grown big enough to leave the nest, but not quite big enough to fly. They sleep during the daytime, so I got to come over and see them. What a treat!
CF8EF400-7B6A-40D4-B53C-3CFD81EF3854.jpeg

Amazing! Just look at them! I bet she doesn't have many mice!

Shiftkicker, I am the least imaginative person when it comes to naming! Would love any suggestions, I'm sure they would be a lot better than the one that has been suggested so far..." Thanksgiving"!

Karen, I'm so jealous. I've been obsessing about how to attract barn owls to my barn, they are my favorite.

A third baby barn owl has been spotted on top of my friend’s owl box.
666CDA6E-D1B4-4D88-9CC3-C92BB9C1CCA2.jpeg

Looks like this photo is begging for a caption.
How about, “We know you can do it. Just jump already.”

Karen, I have a caption:

Owl By Myself

Kim, now I have that song going through my mind!

Chuck, Remington sure is a cutie.

Last edited:
These are our two girls Penny (dog) and Greta. We adopted both 3 and 4 years ago respectively. Penny is a Cheagle, Chihuahua/Beagle mix, and has become my best friend and constant companion. I can no longer walk her, so every morning we go to the public tennis courts so she can chase her tennis ball and excercise.
They both love the "bunk beds" I set up for them in my TV room, and sit and watch baseball with me every evening.

Attachments

• IMG_20190415_111304893.jpg
    IMG_20190415_111304893.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_20180816_105042312.jpg
    IMG_20180816_105042312.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 235
Started the 20 hour trek back to Florida, the only one relaxing and enjoying the ride seems to be my Abbey Cat

Attachments

• 20190622_095405.jpg
    20190622_095405.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 204
Just keep thinking about how nice your swimming pool will feel when you get here! My cats would have been howling for the whole trip, except for Elizabeth. She was a dog/cat and preferred the company of dogs to cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back