Status
Not open for further replies.
Citlalli, what a wonderful blessing to have Andres' message to keep with you forever. May God bless you and your family and friends during this time. May He grant you overwhelming peace.
Nicki

So Sorry

Just Wanted To Say We Are Sorry For Your Loss Of You Husband, And Thank You For The Post & Sharing His Letter.
I Don't Get To Post Much Due To Caring For My Husband On A Vent, But I Do Read Most Of The Posts Here. I Have Follwed You Love Story For Quite Some Time. Bless You & Remember The Precious Memories.
Hugs,
Juanita & Gary

Dear Citlalli, Thank you for sharing Andres' wisdom in his letter to friends and family. You are a beautiful soul and generous person also. You have been through so much, my heart breaks for you even though I know you and Andres have found your own way to embrace the end of his life as both a transition and a celebration. Sincerely, Holly

Dear ones,

Thank you all for your messages. I am slowly regaining my energy now but I fell very ill ( with a cold that went to my lungs) when the whirlwind of energy that came with Andres' passsing subsided. When the people and the adrenaline were gone and I had time alone it was as if all the exhaustion from years of forcing my body beyond its limits, of not sleeping etc kicked in. I was in bed for more then a week without being able to do anything but feel this inmense grief, to be with what is and what is no more. The only activity I could do at times was read the e mails people sent me ( more than 200! many from people I didn't even know), and that was a blessing, so sweet and moving and painfully raw at the same time, to see all the people that Andres touched, and realize that we will never know the extent of the effect he has had and will keep having on so many others. I remembered how he always cried when he realized this at other points of this journey, he was so very moved by knowing his suffering had not been in vain, that it was all part of the Grat Mystery. As he used to say don't ask why, ask what for...

I am feeling better now and ready for what's next: I am entering a retreat this tuesday for a week, then I go with Andres' family to the beach, where we will disperse one part of his ashes as he wanted. From there I go to another retreat for a week. These 2 very special events were happening anyway and I wasn't going to be able to go, so I am happy and grateful for the timing that gives me this opportunity and beleive it's going to be very beneficial to my process. I am looking forward to having time to connect with you...

Thanks again and the best to you.

With love and gratitude

Citlalli

Hi, Citlali! Am pleased to hear that you are regaining your strength. How well I know the feeling of emptiness. It's been 5 months since my son died, and I still miss him terribly. We had our first cold spell here in Houston. It got pretty chilly. I went out to my back yard, stared at the sky feeling the dampness, and strong cool wind, and I was thinking about my son, his grave being so cold. I guess it is only natural for these thoughts to run through our minds! On November the 2nd, they are having a special mass for the deceased. I will be attending. November the 2nd is known as "Day of the Dead" to all Catholics. I have never attended one of those masses before.. Citlali, you take care of yourself. Let us know how everything goes at the beach! God bless you!

Irma

To Irma and Citlali: my thoughts are with you both during these difficult days. the loss of a loved one is never easy but now with the holidays upon us you will need to take wxtra care of yourselves. Please know that we are always here for you. Cindy

Thank you so much Cindy, and God bless!

Irma

This was beautiful. Thank You.

Thank you for sharing that beautifully written letter. I lit my candle and I cried and prayed. It is so wonderful how he handled his death with such grace and dignity. It is so wonderful that it was peaceful. I am sorry for your great loss and I am glad to hear that your energy is coming back. I agree with Al in that you must be a very special lady!

God Bless you and your loved ones...
Mary Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back