Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
AL
City
Enterprise
So my hubby and I are trying to find some way to deal with this obnoxious disease...for us (at least for a small part), it is humor! Darn, after 25+ years of marriage, I'm not real sure how to go forward! Long time ago, we used to joke about divorce and who "didn't" want custody of our rotten daughters (JOKE). Now we have to laugh and joke about this damn disease----it sucks....but it is what it is. I've been trying to explain to Scott what a blessing this forum has been to me and he finally agreed to allow me to register him last week, haha. He's yet to post, HOWEVER, he actually had the gall to threaten to get on here tonight and post about how mean his "PALS" was being to him. After I LMAO, I explained that he was the PALS and that I was the CALS-- and, that he might wanna get his post right before he complained about me making him stretch his legs--once again= we laughed. I realize that everyone is in different stages of this damn disease, but for Scott and I laughter seems to be our primary coping mechanism. My heart grieves continually, after all, this is this luv of my life who've I've been married to since I was 20 years old, however, I'm trying to follow his lead....God luv him---his attitude is amazing!

Glad to hear you are using humor. It has helped Jason and I soo much through all of this. The various stages will break your heart, and at times you will confide in each other your fears, cry with each other as you meet another step, a change in way of living, another lost ability. It will test your strength, but you will find you are stronger then you ever thought possible, and will be proud to have walked this road with your sweetheart. Not anyone could walk this road with him, but God has given you this great opportunity to help usher him into his Creator's loving hands. I am soo glad that you have had that time with him. I've not been that fortunate. My sweetheart and I have only had 6 years together. We have a 3 year old, and an 8 month old and 2 angel babies waiting for thier Dadda in heaven. This forum will be a source of comfort, strength, encouragement, information, and advice. Use it as a great tool, and know you will be embraced as you walk this rough journey ahead of you. Remember to take many pictures, videos now (while his speech is the best it will be), and have him write letters. All of it will bring comfort to you in the days to come. *hugs*

HUMOR IN EVERY LITTLE THING.

When I push the shower chair into the bathroom, I make a choo-choo noise.
When I wipe her bottom, I pretend my hand is stuck and I fight to get it out.
When I put lotion on her butt, I say "Holy Cow, somebody get a camera! And call Area 51."
Oral Sex seems to be appreciated, too.
Anti-depressants are _mandatory_ for all involved.

I keep the radio on all day, and we watch a lot of TV comedies and animal shows.

When you turn him, yell "Yee ha!"

This disease has taught me all I need to know about life. Have fun, now, don't wait for the weekend.

One has to wonder how much of this is emotional liability, regardless enjoy while it is there. The crying is heart wrenching and then you learn most may not have been real at all.
When going into my mom's room I sing this little song,
"You little raggy devil does ur mama know your out, of course she does, she's right here".

and kiss her on the forehead. Until this week she use to smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back