Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Northern
Lately I have noticed that there has been a few posts talking about different people noticing or just stating they feel that their progression seems to have sped up.

Here are my thoughts and in the end a question.
About 8 months before I was diagnosed, I was working in the mountains in the snow in sub freezing temperatures. During one week my stomach muscles dropped (als belly), I could not button my pants and had to start wearing a belt. I also started having problems with buttons and my right hand/arm was being affected.
After being diagnosed and at a clinic appointment, I was telling the nurse about the above-mentioned progression, and she said "That sounds about right".
Next, while attending an ALS Assn. support meeting, the patient care coordinator stated this time of year they tend to lose more Pals than any other time. She was referring to the holiday season and the winter months.

Here is my question. Has anyone else noticed more progression or maybe losing more friend this time of year?

Just an observation and a thought. Maybe I'm reading to much into things.

Hello Waldo, no I have not noticed any difference season to season with Pals And as for myselfI have very slow progression, no progression in the last 18 months.
Al

This is quiet an interesting observation. I have mentioned, something very similar to my neurologist over the years. My progression seems to speed up from mid August to mid January every year. I was initially diagnosed in 2009 and confirmed in 2010. i have a slow progression form of ALS. I distinctly notice when things start to slow down to almost no progression mid January every year.

Very interesting topic.

I was diagnosed with clinical depression in 1999. About 5 years later my doctor noted that I had more trouble with depression during the Fall and Spring. I thought that was odd.

I do know I feel the best in every way when it's Summer and I can get out in the pool, in the hot sun or on the beach. The colder it is the more my body hurts and the more effort it takes to move around.

i am not trying to say this a cause, just that I noticed more during this time of year. It may just be the cold effecting the muscles to a point they may not recover each time they are stressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back