Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
US
State
California
City
Menlo Park
Hi Everyone, my name is Juri. I have been living with ALS for 12 years now, and I had been gone from this site for about ten years, and during that period of time my FRS dropped from 23 to 1. I am on vent 24/7 (with the use of tracheotomy), I use an eye gaze computer for communication, and I take most of my nutritional intake through G-tube. I also have limited mobility, and I use a chin control to drive my wheelchair, and I use a couple of Voyager ceiling lifts to transfer around the house. For dealing with number one (for female), I have a suprapubic catheter tube coming out of my bladder to constantly empty my bladder. In general, I'm very happy and content with my life. I just wanted to introduce myself and say "hello" to everyone.Thanks for having me back in this group.

Juri

Welcome Juri. Glad you found us and are back. Happy and content is inspiring at your stage.

Hi Juri,

I'm glad you found your way back to this group. I suppose just about everyone is new to you.

Wonderful to hear you are happy and content.

It's great to "meet" you!

Welcome back, Juri!

My best...

Jim

Hi Juri, Welcome..
I would love to hear more of your story.
Jim

Hi, Juri - welcome. What an interesting and pretty name. B.

Attachments

• flower garden.jpg
    flower garden.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 262
Welcome Juri!
May you find joy and wonder in each and everry day.

Cathy

hi Juri, I'm new here too and researching catheter options. The subrapubic has worked for you? Any problems? I cherish my minimal alone time, and it seems crazy to have someone here just to help me transfer to the toilet every hour or so, often more frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back