Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
PA
City
Small town
I'm not sure if this was ever talked about in this forum (I used the search function). One of my husbands early symptoms was right hand stiffness & weakness. After his ALS diagnosis, I had two customized signature stamps made for him, as he was experiencing less control using a pen. I had one made with his full, legal name and one with just his first name - "Dave". I had him practice signing his name, chose the best ones & scanned these. I used a vendor on Amazon to have the stamps made. I also have his signatures saved on my computer. The full signature can be authorized for use on checks & I believe on legal documents. I wanted to share this with the hope that it may be useful to someone who has a friend/loved one who is still able to write. Down the road when Dave can no longer write, I can at least use the stamp for him to make him feel he is part of personalizing a letter, Christmas card, etc.

Excellent idea! Thanks, Buckhorn.

Never even thought of this...what a great idea! Thanks for sharing

that's awesome, I didn't know you could do this and that it would be legal, thanks for sharing this :)

Our credit union said we would have to bring the stamp in, have them make a copy of the stamped signature, and then have us sign a form authorizing it's usage. Not sure about legal documents, but we will find that out in the future when we visit an attorney to raise questions about an irrevocable trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back