an app to answer the phone now speech is gone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally Hirst

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
TR
I can use text to speech apps for F2F conversations, but when my phone rings and it is something like a cargo company or the bank I'm stuck. Has anyone found a solution to this ? an app that can talk for you while in call ?

What kind of phone, tablet or laptop are you using to answer calls, Sally? Do you have more than one device so you could take the call with one, put it on speaker, and then generate speech with the other? Am I correct that you can still type?

Best,
Laurie

you can try Speech assistant Speech Assistant AAC App - Communication App for iPad and iPhone

it also can answer phonecalls, you type during the call and can combine it with previously made sentences in the app.
where you for example wright that you have speaking problems and you will type it and the other person needs to be patient for the typing.

Best, Tom

Wright should be write or type :)

Best Tom

I've given up trying to answer the phone unless I'm expecting a call. I use a Chromebook with a free text to speech app called "Tell Me." If someone leaves a message and I need to call them back, I use a prerecorded message to explain that I can't speak and have to type. I put the phone on speaker and type what I want to say. This works well with most people. Ocassionally, I encounter an impatient person who is rude and hangs up on me.

That rude person that hangs up is not worth talking to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back