AMX35

Status
Not open for further replies.
The highest sodium butyrate dose I saw established as seemingly safe in clinical trials (not for ALS, of course) was 4g daily, so that could be 2x 2g/day. As you know, though it is being studied in a variety of disease states, the only trial suggesting efficacy in ALS was in mice, which are not always good guides in CNS diseases.

Best,
Laurie

To duplicate AMX0035: Sodium Phenylbutyrate, I take 4 pills, 2 grams, 3 times a day (total 6 grams). They are hard pills and you can chew them if you wish.
TUDCA, 2 pills, 1 gram, 2 times a day (total 2 grams). I make my own capsules. If you take this in powder form, whole fat yogurt helps get rid of the taste. It is just another chore like flossing your teeth. I have experienced a reversal in my left foot drop. Who knows if this is the effect of these drugs.

Pauli, we had specified that dose earlier for sodium phenylbutyrate, but that compound is inaccessible to many. So the last post, just to be clear, asked about the dose for sodium butyrate, which is a different drug with different dosing, as specified. 4g, not 6g, is the maximum tested dose for sodium butyrate in human trials.

There are compounding pharmacies that will make the mixture for you if your willing to pay out of pocket. Wellpack pharmacy in Tallahassee Florida is one. They charge $650.00 a month for 300 capsules where you take 5 pills in the AM and 5 pills in the PM. They also offer the prescription in liquid form for $550.00 a month. I'm not sure of the dosage of the liquid as I am taking the capsule form.

Laurie, I was reporting what I was doing. The title of this form is AMX35. I started off with: To duplicate AMX0035. My understanding is that AMX35 is a compound of Sodium Phenylbutyrate and TUDCA, 6 grams and 2 grams per day respectively. I reread the entries and I do not see anyone asking about Sodium Butyrate, am I limited in what posts I can see?

No, you are not. This was the post asking about sodium butyrate.

Got it, thanks, I never took Latin and didn't recognize sodium to be natrium in Latin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back