Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New York
City
Rochester
Hello all,
I am a recently diagnosed 40 year old male, and have been searching alternative treatments. I have read the eric is winning, and looked at other things. Here is my question. There is a lot out there about having all Amalgams (metal dental fillings) removed from your mouth. There is a correct way to do it, with a detoxation process. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone think this is sound? I am trying to determine if this is worth trying, I dont want to throw money away. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

I'm sorry for the diagnosed you were given and I'm not sure there is any proof that removing amalgam fillings provides any benefit. You will find sorted opinions here in regards to the "Eric Is Winning" theme.

Zaphoon

I have read posts in the past from people who have had it done, but I have never heard anyone say it helped them. It is very expensive. My guess is that if amalgam fillings caused ALS, probably 90% of the population would have ALS by now, as amalgams were almost universal for decades and decades in the 20th century.

I am so sorry for your diagnosed. I really hate it when young people get this stinker of a disease.

Hi yrt. Welcome but sorry for the diagnosed. Taking out your fillings will not help. No scientific evidence to prove otherwise. Spend the money on a trip. Eric is winning, ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK. He has no real proof for any of his claims.

AL

I would agree with Beth and Al. Why wouldn't everyone with those fillings have ALS?

The simple truth is that there is not yet a known cause/cure for ALS. I hate it as much as anyone, but if there was we would not even be here. We have to keep hope alive, but in proven research. We will get there at some point in time!

God bless.

Thanks for the response

Just wanted to say thanks for the response, I guess I was just looking for something to grasp at.

vrt749-

I know all to well about that reaching for something to grasp.

I was diagnosed on 6/3/08. I jumped at the chance to have the amalgams removed from my mouth. What I should have done was made sure the dentist was going to remove it all for free!

Save your money for something that's a better memory than 4 root canals and 5 porcelain crowns later, yuk.
take good care,
-b

my mom had gone to the dentist in november and got a amalgam filling (into a metal tooth) i do not know if it was mercury
she had them for decades from romania
and right around the same time if not days later or the day after i forget i noticed a lisp i saw that her top right lip was covering her teeth i thought it was from the numbness you get injected and it caused some swelling
however it was the begining of bulbar palsy

was a nerve damaged that lead to something effected in her brain that starts to destroy more neurons or was it the cold weather

amalgams maybe will not cause als
but it can TRIGGER it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back