01/2017
Country
UK
State
London
City
London
Hello all,
I have been reading Eric is Winning, and he says that the cause of ALS can be found in the 50% mercury content in amalgam fillings. That the onset and length of ALS term depends on the amount of amalgam fillings we have and how long we have had them for.
I have ALS, am 52 and have had about 7 amalgam fillings for decades, reduced to 4 about 3 or 4 years ago.
I am getting them all replaced by white ones.
Eric also says that root canals are bad for ALS.
What do other ALS patients on this forum think of this.
Thanks
Steve

I don't have any of the old style metal fillings. I only have white fillings. I have ALS. I am also young, which would seem as further evidence against this theory (presumably one would need a lot of mercury fillings to get ALS at my age, yet I have no such fillings). So I don't believe this could be true for me. That said, I think the general consensus these days is that the fillings containing mercury are not safe, and I know other people who had theirs removed just for general health concern (not due to a serious diagnosis like ALS). So I don't think you're wrong to remove them, but I'd be wary of expecting it to result in some kind of recovery or improvement. Just my two cents.

None of the members in the past who did it and continued to post here reported any benefits and I know of at least 2 whose survival was on the shorter end of the predicted range. Were you tested for heavy metal toxicity as part of your diagnosis? What were your mercury levels?

My husband has never had a cavity in his life and he still has ALS

So sorry to report no benefit for ALS has been found in removing these fillings.

When you're done wasting money on that, Lyme disease can be a quick way to waste even more money. If you're not quite broke by then you could move on to chelation.

Or you could take a shortcut and send that money to me! You'd at least get a 'thank you'.

Steve, you will hear all sorts of tails about what causes als. What they know is proteins in your brain fold instead of staying flat. And they build up in your brain causing damage.

If you want an answer to your disease, use scientific journals and excellent primary sources. Many people claim all sorts of things but it doesnt mean they are accurate.

Amalgam fillings have been blamed for practically every illness you can name, and there is scientific evidence for exactly none of it.

Removing them not only seems to not lead to improvements, it can be risky on several levels.

For the record, the main reason they stopped using amalgam was not danger, it was because the material expands and contracts with hot and cold, damaging teeth over time.

Root canals, I would bet anything have exactly zero to do with ALS. They are also the only way to fix dead teeth, the only alternative is to extract them. I can tell you I have a mouthful of metal and five root canals (the gene pool did not favor my teeth). My husband has had a bridge and upper denture for decades. He has ALS, I don't.

Thank you all for your honest responses,
As with this and most other diseases, each and every particular experience is different. Just because somebody has amalgams, doesn't mean they have ALS. That would mean every human being is the same. If we were all the same, then we would have been wiped out long ago, by some virus that kills some, and not others, like the black death. The reasons we all have ALS are likely to be many and varied. If you can find your cause(s) then you are one step closer to finding the best treatment for you.
I suppose I am trying to eradicate as many possible causes as I can. I would hate to not try.
Thank you all
Steve

Steven,

I am not attacking your personal choice, but I do not want people to believe it's a no-lose proposition, this "trying everything." In this case, we don't know the extent to which disturbing the metal entails additional health risks in ALS, it costs money and time, etc. So the reason we mention the lack of evidence for this particular thing that some people try, is that there are other approaches, that you can read about here, with more evidence behind them.

Best,
Laurie

I really hate to sound picky but the black death was caused by a bacteria, not a virus. Now I decided to say this because I believe it highlights an important point.

People who are diagnosed with ALS have a terrible shock and a terrible lot of information to try and absorb. They probably don't have a medical background a lot of the time.

So if they read OMG something about amalgam fillings and it has some medical big words in it, they could be sure it is worth throwing money, time, hope and precious energy at. They wouldn't have a clue if they are reading a pile of bs, like if it said virus instead of bacteria, it would be wrong and not only would they not know, they wouldn't even know if it was important to know the difference.

So I'm just saying our members are dealing with a lot already, we try to help prevent our family here being sucked down rabbit holes.

So our answer was given because you asked what we think. Truly mate, amalgam is not the avenue to pursue. We would all be there and screaming about it if it was.

Hey Steve I'm with you. This disease effects us all differently. One thing for sure is something caused it and no one seems to know what. I too have allot of amalgam filings and have had them for 30 yrs. I did get the ones that started decaying replaced and I want to have my system checked for mercury as soon I find a place that does it. Who knows what will work. For me I pray on it and let God lead me where I should go.

In my youth my mouth was filled with amalgam fillings. I had them taken out and replaced with crowns 15 years ago. I also had my mercury tested 15 years ago and again last year. It was very low both times.

I've had my heavy metals tested by blood and hair. All toxic metals were very low.

I would not want to disturb metals in my mouth after my diagnosis and put myself through the stress and money it would take to replace the fillings.

I think people should be free to spend their time and money however they want.

If you want to spend your time and money on things that offer no proof of success, that is your business.

If you believe you are seeing benefit from spending your time and money in this way, then good for you.

As for me, I don't think there is any valid evidence that what you are doing will make a bit of difference. So, I choose to spend my time and money in other ways and would discourage others from following your lead.

I do believe there are many unscrupulous folks that will attempt to separate us from our money. It is unfortunate, but they do exist. Be careful about that.

Steve

Hi Igelb
What approaches with evidence are you talking about? Please list them. Thank you,
Steve

Steven,

I am not attacking your personal choice, but I do not want people to believe it's a no-lose proposition, this "trying everything." In this case, we don't know the extent to which disturbing the metal entails additional health risks in ALS, it costs money and time, etc. So the reason we mention the lack of evidence for this particular thing that some people try, is that there are other approaches, that you can read about here, with more evidence behind them.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back