Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Garwood
Hello everyone. I am a 70 year old male who posted here several years ago and received some very sage advice. Unfortunately, due to the current onset of somewhat different symptoms, I am in need of another dose. About two months ago I began experiencing constant twitching around my left cheekbone which expanded down to the left side of my nose. In with the twitches it also constantly felt like a finger was pressing and or pulling at my skin in that area. That lasted for two weeks, took four days off, then came back for a month or so with added jaw pain but all of that has now abated again for the last two weeks.
Not long after the initial onset of the cheek twitching, I also began experiencing what I’ll call bouts of stiffness and muscle fatigue in my left hand and forearm along with a feeling of slight weakness in my left leg. That has now progressed to the point where I get tremors in my left hand after any kind of physical exertion. Btw, I am left handed.
In addition, a few days ago I walked up three flights of stairs and my left calf started to feel somewhat gassed out.
I also experienced very sporadic and short lived twitching in the left calf but none whatsoever in my left arm.
So, with all that said, I’m debating whether a trip to a neurologist would be worthwhile since I don’t think he would be able to see any clinical weakness.
Thank you to all those taking the time to read and or respond to this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are worried please visit your pcp first

Since my last post, I’ve been experiencing very confusing symptoms. My facial twitches have dissipated to one or two every other week while the feelings of weakness on my left side have disappeared. Yet I am now experiencing a periodic buzzing sensation in my right leg.
At the same time I’ve begun experiencing episodes of pain and or tightness in the area of my tongue root and larynx similar to globus. My vocal range in my upper register is somewhat restricted when I sing while my speaking voice is not as strong as it used to be. It seems like I have to consciously project while speaking.
Ive also seen my primary who referred me to a neuro who had me do an eeg which came back normal. She now wants me to go for an mri and emg with additional bloodwork.
I’ve also decided to see an ENT to see if he can spot anything with an endoscopy.
So confusing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back