Status
Not open for further replies.
TSAK, our mission is to help people with ALS, even before they are diagnosed, if possible. But you are pretty well identified as not having ALS. So no, we need to stop using up time answering your questions so we can focus on people with ALS.

No more posting, please.

Atsui,affected and NikkiJ I thank you all for responding and also offer my apologies if I have offended you in any way!

I have noticeable muscle wasting in my neck/shoulders/arms. My Ololaryngologist noted that I have atrophy of the vocal cord and my voice is always raspy. Swallowing mostly ok but when I chew my left jaw seems to fatigue,

Can move tongue but am beginning to slur words. Biting my lower left lip as well.

Had EMG as I noted in earlier post that argued against ALS but no test was done on chin.

Could I possibly have bulbar onset or does the EMG finding of lower extremities rule bulbar out as well?

Thank you for an insight!

Your initial post says atrophy and weakness in extremities so you are not talking about isolated bulbar symptoms. Thus your question is off point. The idea that you have simultaneous bulbar ALS and symptoms of another etiology in your extremities is no reasonable.

Please do not keep posting like this. If you have test results and doctor’s clinical findings that are of concern then ask

My apologies for again posting but I really would like to ask one more time for your input.

Since I last posted, muscel wasting in my neck/shoulders, legs and arms has worsened(my PCP noted wasting at my physical on Monday). My fingers are stiff /weak as are my ankles. Quads, buttock and hip pain periodically.

I know nothin has failed in terms of the muscels but it just seems as though I am slowly heading in that direction at some point ooner rather than latter.

Any additional insight is welcomed. If none given I understand and will only post again after my appointment on the 26th.

Blessings to all!

I see my Neurologist again on the 3-26.

Ask your doctor. You have been asked to stop posting till then. Please respect the folks here and wait till you are seen by a medical professional, as multiple people here had asked you to do.

I just received test results from my rhuemetologist that all of the testing of my muscle enzymes is normal. Does this then mean that the signals coming from the brain are not working properly?

Not at all. If your muscles move, the motor nerves in your brain must be telling them to move.

If you have pain, it is from sensory nerves.

ALS does not affect the sensory system.

As to atrophy: there are different causes of atrophy in different diseases. In ALS, when the muscles atrophy is it because the muscle has been paralyzed, limp, useless, for some weeks or months.

Thank you so much for replying Atsugi!

The explanation is very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back