Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a jerk!

Hey,

No you r not a jerk--can understand ur reaction as well as someone else being afraid of having ALS. Two years b4 my diagnosis I started fearing mad cow was my problem. Symptoms then were the same. When William Shatner says his character Denny Crane has mad cow I can only think you dress yourself, walk w/o falling, etc--what a claim. :shock:

A real jerk is the one we had in Ky. Don't remember his name or know why he came up w/ scam but he was a dj & claimed he had ALS. Guess he had a neuro & Dr that backed up claims. He participated in local walks to d'feat, got tons of publicity & money for foundation run by him & his mom. After 2-3 years folks noticed he wasn't any diff. from when well. He's in jail now unless out 4 appeal.

On Dr. who say it's patiet's responsiability to know disease better than Dr. since he's too busy. Duh! Why does he think patients come to him, paying big bucks!:evil::twisted:

Kath
Lexington, Ky

No one is a Jerk, everyone has a right to their feelings.

It's how we express our feelings that defines what our character is made of.

We all have our own little issues, some really bad, some kinda bad, some unkown but making us feel horrible. I don't think anyone should be chastized or taken advantage of, wether you have ALS or not, nor should anyone be looking for support from someone who is stricken with this disease, as they have enough of a hard time dealing with it themselves. On the other hand, someone with the disease should not ass_u_me someone complaining of it's symptoms, which are more than likely real, is lying or simply confused.

JMO

good weekend to all

rgds,

jamie

There you go, Jamie! No wonder why you are so well-liked around here. I figured it out today that this forum is really about tolerance. The thing that makes it work so well is that people with genuine fears get to see how our PALS and CALS manage, and our PALS and CALS have the opportunity, if they choose, to be a bit of a role model on how to live with a terrible illness. It never hurts to be sensitive to the other's veiwpoint. When I strive to do that, I feel I am becoming a better person. (But don't ask my family!:-D they'll paint a different picture of my personality! LOL) :-D

Let's everybody do something special for themselves this weekend. Cindy

Thank you Jamie......that's what I have been saying for months. We're all sick and should all be treated with care, without saying who should be here and who shouldn't or who should just walk away feeling great because the doc and some members here said so. It just can't work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back