Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
City
Framingham
I have never posted here before because I have had no reason to. I read this thread a lot though, because I am always slightly concerned I have ALS. Every time I have an odd symptom, especially in my throat or in my leg, I think maybe ALS. Why? Because my mother died from ALS four years ago. Never felt so wronged when she was diagnosed and have feared it from that day. I think that is natural and I will probably never ever shake it completely.

The beauty of this particular forum is two fold. The patience of people who answer and the reassurance it gives to those of us who have seen the havoc of ALS upfront and can't help ourselves but fear a return trip down ALS lane. Sometimes I feel people are a bit over the top here with their inquiries, yet the patience of most responders is so beautiful. That is why it is so helpful, because If I read enough of the threads I can find an answer to my symptoms of the month and not have to list them here. Or better yet, I can just reread the sticky.

I am not going to list my latest symptoms, causes the likely answers have already been given. Ultimately we never know of course. But to those who take the time to answer the concerns of many, especially those of us from an ALS family, please know the response is valuable to many you never hear from.

Please go see a doctor - there's nothing we can do, but a doctor can take you through everything necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back