Diagnosis
12/2000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Kirkland
Greetings all, I'm new to this forum board.

Query: Has anyone tried alternative treatments for your neurological symptoms?
I'm just curious.

What do you mean by "alternative treatments?"

You will find advice about supplements, exercise, massage, etc. here. Not quackery like Rife, private stem cell clinics in Mexico or colloidal silver, or removing fillings. Check the search box up top.

If you were diagnosed 17 years ago, you have a pretty slow progression as is.

Best,
Laurie

CBD oil has been helping me with spasticity.

Actually, it stopped advancing 13 years ago. I have symptoms, trust me. I am affected.
For a while, I gave up on doctors, and treated myself. I don't know if any of them worked or not. I just wanted to compare notes, see if anyone else is similar to me.

CBD oil has been helping me with spasticity.

Yep! And if you do a Search you'll find discussion on that.

What is your connection with ALS?

If you've had ALS for 17 years, you need to tell US what YOU are doing?

There is a site with lots of supplement information (ALSTDI) and also a Facebook group that deals with "pills for PALS" which is mainly about natural supplements.

I've been taking CBD oil for over a year and, just recently, added medicinal cannabis. It helps with pain and cramps.

Samwise, kudos on your accomplishments. Love your weight-lifting videos.

What ALS symptoms do you have?

Symptoms: I have spastic movements, clonus, cramping (whether I sleep or am wake), some weakness (more in my left hand), I fall down some, and I talk slow (but I'm understandable). However, even though I lack good hand coordination, I type fast. Weird.
I lift weights a lot to keep my diabetes under strict control (average of six times a week).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back