Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Colorado
City
Colorado Springs
My MIL was diagnosed last week with Bulbar Onset ALS, and today I had my first opportunity to hear of how she could be cured. :? I found I was way defensive and so began an internet search on alternative therapy and found you all. My friend (who shared the "cure") and I have a mutual friend who was diagnosed with possible MS had her fillings changed, had a chelating treatment, and is now cured. Now in the case of this one woman, she is better. However, I am more inclined to believe that she had something other than MS - I know she was weak, and sick, and unable to care for her kids. And now she isn't and can. Can anyone shed light on this? How should I answer my friend who wants to help?

Thanks for your input and help!

Hi Outsider. MS can and does go into remission so to speak. My niece has bouts where she can't get out of bed and in a few weeks is back to work nursing. I'd suspect this. NO ONE cures MS or ALS or cancer or any other disease by taking out fillings, mud baths or detoxifying. Ask your friend where the independent studies are published on this cure. I am sure he will say the big drug companies and the government are responsible for holding back his so called cure. The Doctors don't want to be proved wrong he'll say. We've heard it all before and if you got to the scam watch part on the front page here you may even see it listed there. Stay away from it. You'll lose hope and money. AL.

Thanks

I appreciate your feedback. I was concerned about my kneejerk reaction - but, as my mom reminded me, the next thing I'll probably hear is that my MIL doesn't have enough faith to be healed. Thanks. I'm hoping my friend will drop it and not bring it up again. It was good to hear about the MS too - if this woman does have MS, I'll be looking for a relapse to confirm it. This forum has been a great resource.

HAs anyone heard of these?

Hello,
My father has just been diganosed with PMA. As it would happen to anyone, I have started looking for alternate therapies and came across some interesting reads:

1. A herbal drug by the name Mototab (by Scotland Health Solutions) is claiming to have a sure shot cure for MND. I luckily have a friend in EdinBurgh who actually went to the address given on site but its is a Mail Box collection Centre.
I am not sure if I should go ahead and purchase this drug for my Dad (USD 260 for 1 month of medication) as I am doubting the credibility of this org. Money loss obviously is not even a matter here. The treatment is tho.

Would be great to know if anyone has any info on the same. As u all an imagine, I am desperate right now. PLease let me know if anyone has any ideas on the same.

2. I also came across a Chinese hospital who have claimed to cure people with MND using Chinese Herbal Tea. The site is:
If anyone has come across any info on the credibility of the same, would love to hear.

3. Any other ideas / suggestions on Alternative therapies are more than welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese treatment

My brother who has ALS (advanced stage) was in Beijing at a hospital claiming to cure ALS with a stem cell operation. Also in another province of China, a hospital claimed to cure ALS with Herbal medicine.

1) The day of the operation, my brother was given to sign documents claiming that he understood that this was experimental and that it could make his condition deteriorate (amongst other frightening things). My brother was always told that it was a cure.

2) The herbal medicine hospital turned out not to be a hospital at all. When my brother did the long trip on the train (no airports) we discovered that it was a filthy "shack" where dogs were roaming around free urinating all over the place...

When my brother queried the internet site that showed a beautiful hospital with gardens and doctors in white coats and staff and nurses, etc... they just said "Oh it is just a photo we took from another site and put it on ours to publicise our services."

You can imagine my brother's disappointment. He was fine and in good health and spirits when he arrived for the operation. Three months later, he was a rag doll.... and had been deteriorating since. He is now on IV antibiotics and seems to be doing well on those. He communicates with his eyes.

By the way, the operation took 5 minutes to complete. The doctor drilled two holes in the front part of my bother's skull, and injected the "cells". This cost my brother US$27,000 and a two month stay locked in a hospital an hour away from Beijing.

To have an MRI, he was transported by ambulance to another hospital (which was that far you thought it was in another country!) and made to wait in a drafty (Sp) hallway for 20 minutes before anyone attended to him. Of course my bother was in his bed clothes which were not enough to keep him warm on a snowy cold morning; he caught a cold and the operation had to be postponed, and postponed, and postponed until "the right -matching- cells had to be cultivated for him."

It is a money making factory.

Hi Guys. I took out the url for the site because I went there and I could have made up that site myself. It is just another example of people trying to make money off someone else's misery and hope for a cure. Your Motolab cure is a scam as well. I think you need to read our scam watch section on the front page of this site.
AL.

Last edited:
Thanks mlb, Ur insights are greatly appreciated.
Its weird but even a small ray of hope is good enough to breather another life among the caretakers and the patient. I guess I am just desperate.

Thanks once again.

Tc..
G

G, it pains me to say it but it is better to warn before any attempts at any of these supposed cures are made than to face the extreme disappointment and loss of faith and hope afterwards. To have been taken advantage of and deceived to this point is a horrendous blow from which an already vulnerable and trusting individual has difficulty overcoming.

My brother was so excited at the prospect of this operation. He had such faith ! Well, to see him a couple of hours afterwards being so sick and losing all his strength was heartbreaking. He still held hope because the other Herbal hospital was going to really make things better... well, another major blow... then the trip back to Europe...
It is unforgiveable what these people do for money.

The photo on the left was taken before the operation at the Beijing Hospital. My kid brother was well!

Anna

Hi Anna,
I greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with me.
My dad just got diaganosed with MND and my life has taken a 360 degree turn. I can't even imagine what he must be going thru.
I guess it's all about making the most of every day from today onwards.

Thanks for all your kind words. U r right...Better be warned than make mistakes thinking something miraculous can happen from unidentified sources.

Regards,
Gary..

Gary,

Everyone lives in hope. It is an essential part of survival for without it there is no point.

Anna

Alternative Therapy

I've been reading your post for several months very good information on this site.

My husband is diagnosed with ALS symptoms began October, 2005 and was diagnosed in Neurologist state in July that we may be looking at the diag. of ALS. Went to Cleveland Clinic in September for 2nd opinion they agreed with ALS.

The reason I decided to join was to make a comment on the Herbal Tea alternative treatment. My husband is on the herbal tea it is working the tea gives him more energy and is helping in various ways. He was off of it for 10 days and I noticed a big difference in his symptoms. The 2nd batch of tea arrived the other day and I'm hoping this will improve symptoms. This tea is from China and I think it is from the url site that was mentioned above. The description of pictures sounds like the site we respond with.

I hope I did this correctly. If not please guide me, I would like to communicate with your forum.

Hi sis. Welcome to the site and I am glad to hear that your husband is doing better. Who knows if it is the tea or if he just plateau's? If it s working for you that is great but I would like you to stick around for 6 months and tell us how he is then and how much money you have spent on tea. I can go to China town and buy green tea for $5 for a months supply and how do you tell if it is not the same tea? I might get the same results from Red Bull. I am sorry if I am skeptical but for every 1 person that reports improvement there are 25 that have none or may have a couple of good months and then slide down. It is called the placebo effect. Hope it goes well for you.
AL.

Last edited:
Hi SIS.

Chinese medicine has been in existance for thousands of years and has one aim - to aid the body to recover on its own.

The body is a magnificent machine. It has the ability to repair itself provided we give it the right ingredients to do so.

I believe you when you say that it works for your husband. I know it works because I have tried it and will continue to choose Traditional Chinese Medicine over western. The only draw back (if it can be called that) is that depending on how sick a person is it can take a while before the benefits can be felt, sometimes months. Persistance is the key.

Try and find a Traditional Chinese Medical Practitioner in your area and work with him on whatever it is that worries you. Something to remember (if you were not given the instructions) is to use a clay pot to boil the concoction and no metal utensils should come in contact with the potion so as not to contaminate it. The concoction should be stored in a clay or glass container and can be kept in the refridgerator if you are in a hot environment.

Traditional Chinese Medicine is safe to have even when on western medication. There are no side effects.

Most cities nowadays have a Chinatown. You can find all sorts of things to do with health.

:)
Anna

Well, this one's pretty easy (all figures are for 2005):

Average life expectancy in China:
Men--70 years
Women--73 years

Average life expectancy in the US:
Men--75 years
Women--80 years

Average life expectancy in Japan (modern medicine/Asian bodies):
Men--78 years
Women--85 years

So much for the miracles of Chinese medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back